• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My encounter in Lone Jack area

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I had to go out to Lone jack to pick up my new 69 Volkswagen Westfalia, I had to stop at the BP on my way back to Lees Summit, due to my nerves, I had not drove a stick in 10 years and was a little rusty and being a VW Bus with a tiny 1600 motor it was extra stress full. I went in to get a drink and a guy that was parked to me started talking to me about the bus, (that happens a lot with VW Buses) I noticed a local LEO getting gas and he went in and came back out I was still talk to the guy.
Then the LEO comes up to me, and asked "is there a reason your carrying that?" I didnt miss a beat, I looked at him and said "protection" and I looked back at the guy I was talking to and continued to talk, he then said it freaked people out and I should not go into stores with it, I stopped again and said there was no signs, and I started talking again.

Now this is like a 15 minute talk im having and the cop is just standing there, the guy ended up leaving I think he was a little confused that I was not paying any attention to the LEO.
I then (with a big grin) ask how the officers day is going, I told him relaxing my nerves while driving the bus to the inspection station, I have not driven a stick in some time. He finely got the point and moved on, after exchanging a few more friendly words.

I did ask at one point if there is a problem or is he just making contact, he said making contact.

he did tell me that the attendent in side told him I was OCing and he told them it is legal but would talk to me about it, but he did not say I could not go back in just STATED that I shouldnt.

all in all is was a good stop, everything was cool and relaxed.

I felt like a ass after words I was leaving the gas station and he was behind me (no temp tag or plates, thats why I told him I was on my way to the Inspection Station. )

The bus would not Idol so I killed like 10 times at the stop sign, it took forever LOL I got back on the interstate he went the other way it took me about 5 minutes to get the bus up to 55 mph long trip back in the middle of traffic

as the LEO was getting ready to walk away I did shake his hand and introduced my self (Im nate by the way).

he NEVER talked down to me or anything negative just did his job.