• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would You Still Carry?

Would you enter a store or business that had No Firearms Allowed signs posted?

• Yes. But I'd be weary of it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IDK. I don't honestly know.

• No. I don't really think I would try it.

• NO! I wouldn't dare risk getting stopped!

• Total voters

neuroblades

imported post

This poll is mainly for those of us that CC with a CCDW but I'd like everyone's input on this query.

About 3 months ago I was visiting my good friend at home and his Dad and I started talking of weapons large and small. The Dad in question has been a longtime CCDW carrier. At some point in our conversation he asked me, "If you started to walk into a store or businessand they had"No Firearms Allowed" signs posted, what would you do"?

OK, when answering assume that you're in CC mode with CCDW.

Brian D.

imported post

My response isn't among the listed choices: I do my best not to spend money with such places, so normally I'd have no reason to enter them. The exception being to disarm long enough to go inside and give them a No Guns = No Money card.Ideally it would be stapled to a high-dollar receipt from one of their competitors.

DreamReclaimer

imported post

I like Brian's answer and agree. If I was carrying concealed, I probably wouldn't leave it in the car while I delivered the card. After all, concealed means concealed. I realize I'd be risking trespassing charges, c'est la vie.

neuroblades

imported post

As I understand the "Criminal Trespassing" law as it refers to weapons carry, even if posted, they have to directly request you to leave before the charge would apply. Even if they call LEOs, they should ask you to leave first. Unless the carrier is really, really stupid, they will of course opt to leave before a charge would become a reality. Granted, there could always be that one time that something could go wrong!

Personally, as I see it, Concealed IS CONCEALED!!!! If you keep your sidearm concealed, as you should, then you should NEVER be approached or questioned about having a sidearm.

JMJOHN0055

imported post

As far as criminal trespassing, even if they call the LEO's, the officer (or sheriff) is going to ask if they requested you to leave. If not, then no charges will be filed. If they ask you to leave, pull your head out of your @$$ for a second, and walk out the door with a smile.

Ivan Sample

imported post

I would not carry into a place that had a "No firearms allowed". Thats just out of respect for the owner. Its almost like you put a sign on your house for something and someone violates it. That showing disrespect towards you-like being slap in the face. Even ifIhad a CCDW-whick I do! Just my two cents and I mean no harm.