• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Share and compare in the Chippewa Valley area?

goforlow

imported post

Well, well, well, I received a PM from a local guy who has.......

Barrett M99 .50 cal BMG :what::what::what:

A BARRETT M99 50 BMG!! If he can make it he plans to bring it. Before you all go out and buy all the 50 ammo before I can get any, stop! This ammo is very very expensive, so do not buy any ammo until he gives me the 100% that he will be there. He may also be able to sell ammo for a very very small fee over his cost ($.18). Also, he may have requirements as to which brands and type of 50 ammo. This gun is also very very expensive!! MSRP on a base model is $4,410 from Barrett. His Barrett, his rules!

Damn, I hope he can make it. I will have to work a little overtime to buy some ammo for the 50 now too. :cool::cool:

__

Banned
imported post

11) This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. Do not start OFF TOPIC threads or discussions such aspromoting the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the folks on this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry

metalman383

imported post

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for your input.I like the pretty red letters.

P.S I believe we were talking about shooting long guns, not carrying them, although it is hard toget them from place to place,without carrying them.

goforlow

imported post

CarryOK - Have you read this thread I started? I am trying to help other OPEN CARRY people to make smart choices before they purchase a HANDGUN or HOLSTER by getting the opportunity to shoot a variety of HANDGUNS before buying one.

Yes, I understand the rules, I am in no way intending or telling anyone to "open carry" a long gun. That has only been said in this thread by you.

If John or Mike believes that I have broken the rules by posting that the local folks can bring a long gun to our little get together, I will edit my posts and keep all the "long gun" talk to PM's or email. I am not trying to cause trouble, I want to help others enjoy firearms and learn the right, safe and legal ways to carry!

also, you are from OK, are you in the WI area of the site trying to cause trouble? Curious?

Carry ON!!

PS - John or Mike - if you believe I have broken the rules please PM me and I will make any changes necessary to correct this issue. Thanks.

junkie

Well I hope more people will be able to make it. I am all in depending on my work. I should have it off, but I will not know for sure until about a week before. This is going to be a good time.

goforlow

OK, I guess I can let the cat out of the bag..."junkie" is our Barrett owner. I will be PM'ing him about the ammo and if anyone need to purchase there own or if junkie will have enough for us to buy from him to shoot.

Will let you all know when I do.

junkie

I have 100 rounds right now, and I will probably go through 25 or so between here and there. That leaves us with 75 rounds. It depends on how many people will be going and how much they want to shoot. I paid $3.82 a round and will sell mine for $4.00 a round just to make it easy. I am not selling it to make money. I just do not want to have to make change out at the range. If you want to buy your own rounds all I ask is that they are factory loaded and non-corrosive. I know there is some cheap surplus ammo out there that can be really tough to clean out. The only local place that I know that sells .50 BMG is The Gun Exchange in Elk Mound. Again, this is all depending on if I am working or not. I will know about the week before and as soon as I know, I will let everyone else know.

goforlow

Here is our current gun list.

Handguns:
Ruger Mark III - 22 cal
SigArm TrailSide - 22 cal
KelTec - 32 acp
Beretta 92FS - 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 - 45 acp
Kimber Ultra Carry 1911 (3in barrel) - 45 acp
CZ75-SP01 - 9mm
Glock 17 - 9mm
Ruger GP100 - .357
Ruger Single Six - .22
Rock Island 1911 – 45 acp
Springfield 1911 A-1 .45
Springfield XD .40 Sub Compact
Walther P22 – 22LR
Ruger LCP .380

Long guns:

Lauer AR15 - 223 cal
Ruger 10/22 - 22 cal
Ruger M77 - 223 cal
Ruger M77/17 – 17 HMR
Colt AR-15 -
DPMS LR – 308 cal
Ruger M77 Mark II - .270 cal
Binelli Super Black Eagle - 12 ga?
Marlin 336 - 30/30 cal
Mossberg 500C – 12ga?
Stag Arm AR15 in 6.8 SPC (right hand)
Savage bolt action in .270

Holster :
Eric Barber Leather OWB custom leather for 3" 1911
Blackhawk CQB Serpa for Beretta 92

Also starring

Barrett M99 - .50 cal BMG

goforlow

Well, due to some personnel problems with our land owner, we are going to have to postpone our shoot. From the response I have, who knows when or if we will try again.

BROKENSPROKET

Not

Well, due to some personnel problems with our land owner, we are going to have to postpone our shoot. From the response I have, who knows when or if we will try again.

It's not "personnel problems" but family health problems combined wioth an extremely busy work schedule.

Let's see if we can use the range at Westgate. Lance may be able to help us out. I used to go out there a lot when I was a kid. The La Crosse group used a range, had to sign waivers, but no membership required.

lance galloway

It's not "personnel problems" but family health problems combined wioth an extremely busy work schedule.

Let's see if we can use the range at Westgate. Lance may be able to help us out. I used to go out there a lot when I was a kid. The La Crosse group used a range, had to sign waivers, but no membership required.

At Westgate you now have to be member and have to have a Westgate range card to shoot. I have a card but I can only have 1 guest per visit.

All the new rules are becuse some one stupid was shooting where they should not have been and Westgate got sued.

Sorry guys I wish I could help.

BROKENSPROKET

At Westgate you now have to be member and have to have a Westgate range card to shoot. I have a card but I can only have 1 guest per visit.

All the new rules are becuse some one stupid was shooting where they should not have been and Westgate got sued.

Sorry guys I wish I could help.

So how much is their membership? If 50% of us had a membership, then we would be covered. I would like to visit the range as I have not been there in over 30 years. Right now I have a membership at Blair Sportsman Club, as they have a 200 yard range. EC Rod & Gun only has a 100 yard range, so I won't be getting a membersip there.

lance galloway

So how much is their membership? If 50% of us had a membership, then we would be covered. I would like to visit the range as I have not been there in over 30 years. Right now I have a membership at Blair Sportsman Club, as they have a 200 yard range. EC Rod & Gun only has a 100 yard range, so I won't be getting a membersip there.

I want to say 20 or 25$ for a year. And Westgates range is also only 100 yards.

Last edited: