• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Share and compare in the Chippewa Valley area?

goforlow

imported post

Hubert suggested this for the LaCrosse area, so why not for us too.

A get together to let fellow shooters try other handguns, long guns and holsters. Maybe even help one another be better shooters.

Lets see who is interested, what types of guns and then we can set up a date and location in the Chippewa valley area.

I will take the lead on this, but welcome help. If you have land that we can legally shoot on that would be great. Ranges are ok, but with the amount of people and firearms, someones private land might be better. My property will not work for this. :cry:

Please list your location, firearm with caliber and holster type.

Tony

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

So basically a very adult game of "I'll show you mine if you show me yours?

I think it is a great plan, there are several pieces of equipment I would love to try before dropping money on them.

If this takes place on a Monday, I may be able to come out and play too.

goforlow

imported post

Location - west side of Eau Claire

Handguns - Ruger Mark III - 22 cal
SigArm TrailSide - 22 cal
KelTec - 32 acp
Beretta 92FS - 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 - 45 acp
Kimber Ultra Carry 1911 (3in barrel) - 45 acp

Long guns - Lauer AR15 - 223 cal
Ruger M77/17 - 17HMR cal
Ruger 10/22 - 22 cal
Ruger M77 - 223 cal

Holster - Eric Barber Leather OWB custom leather for 3" 1911
Blackhawk CQB Serpa for Beretta 92

Last edited:

Sidearm.40

imported post

I'm up for it. If you need help organizing or hosting, give me a call (I'll PM you with my phone number

Pistol

Rock Island 1911

Long Guns

Marlin 336 30/30

Mossberg 500C

goforlow

imported post

I may have our spot to shoot. Some crazy racecar driver has a nice location and we may even convince him to cook some burgers too!!

If you don't want to list your firearms on the site, PM them to me and I can post a list that does not have anybodies name associated to a firearm.

We can make this happen! :D

P.S. - I do not work for the GOV'T, Brady foundation, or any other group that wants to register your guns or take them away. Thou some of you have some guns I would LOVE to have in my collection!!

M

McX

imported post

give me your guns.............well, the good ones anyway.:cool:

goforlow

imported post

Right now, we are looking at mid July. Our land owner is getting married June 26th, so nothing before that. Next weekend is July 4th weekend. So, 10th, 17th, 24th?

Does anyone have any portable targets, shooting benches or rests (like a Lead Sled or Ranson Rest)?

Also, we would like to keep this to under 25 people. We would also like to keep this to OCDO and WCI people. Your kids and spouses are welcome. If you want to bring a buddy (non OCDO/WCI), YOU are responsible for their behavior. So, if you have any questions about their firearm safety, leave them at home!! This is someones private property, not a range. We will have some folks work as "range officials" to keep things safe, but you will be expected to act like responsible shooters.

goforlow

imported post

Only 3 people want to do this????? I know more of you want to show of your guns!!

Anybody have a S&W M&P in 40 cal? I want to buy one for my wife and would love to shoot one first.
I am also interested in other pistols in 40 S&W.

Last edited:

menomonieman

imported post

I might be interested depending on the date. With work and the family it's hard to commit to something more than two weeks out.

Pistol:
Glock 17 (Full size 9mm)

Long guns:

Stag Arm AR15 in 6.8 SPC (right hand)
Savage bolt action in .270

lance galloway

imported post

I would like to but it is so hard for me get off of work I have been working 6-7 days a week :banghead: But let me know when you get a date set and if I can come I would love too.

I livein Eau Claire

Pistols XD-9mm 1911-45

Long guns bolt action 22. 30.30 lever action

If I can come I know 2or3 people who mite come they don't have guns but they like to shoot.

goforlow

imported post

5, we are slowly plugging along. I will try and solidify a date. I like July 24th, but need to talk to the land owner first. I should have an update tonight.

goforlow

imported post

Sorry, computer problems.

Looks like the afternoon on July 24th. I will post a complete gun list when one of the others who will be attending forwards it to me.

Also, remember that ammunition is not cheap. So, that being said, part of the reason I want folks to post the caliber is so you can purchase/bring your own ammo to shoot in other folks guns. And...factory ammo only for use in others guns. If you want to use re-loads in your own firearms fine. Your gun, your ammo. My gun in your hands...factory ammo only. Some people do not know or understand SAAMI standards. And, I would not want to be responsible for wrecking someone elses gun is I reloaded incorrectly.

This is going to be a fun day!!

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

I desperately want to shoot a Taurus Millinium Pro PT145, which is a .45 sub-compact and a .380 LCP to compare. I will bring .45 and .380 ammo.

metalman383

imported post

Springfield 1911 A-1 .45 Springfield XD .40 Sub Compact, with Crimson Trace laser. Walther P22, (it's a really pretty pink color) Ruger LCP .380 AR-15 and many other long guns.