• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

possible illegal sign?

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

GM wrote:
My issue with the statement is that the "them" that you are referring to is someone's husband or wife, daughter, uncle, etc. None of the ones you refer to as "them" have one ounce of control over the system you appear to hate so much.

Basically you imply that you see nothing wrong with someone going into the Social Security office and "shooting" the place up. You might if one of your family members worked there or one of your family members was there when it happened maybe?

As far as .Gov spy or anti at this point it wont help if you were wearing the tinfoil hat under the Faraday cage. It can't be to hard to register, list your posts and see when you were talked to RE: OC vs. CC on school property, where and what court your case was assigned to, etc.

Furthermore to imply that "they" don't care about your rights, safety or country is just asinine. Who is they? How many people make up this "they" social group? Is there a median income cutoff? Seriously who is the "they" that you refer to?

stainless1911 wrote:
I dont encourage or condone it, but I get it, thats all.

Its hard for me to just bite my tongue just because some .gov spy or anti might be watching. They dont care about my rights, safety, or country, therefore I care little if they are offended, called out, put on the spot, reminded of truth and so on.
+1

Not to mention that even if we conform to your description of 'they', the thing to remember is that you should care because this 'they' is the same 'they' that will use statements like this to further infringe upon your rights.:celebrate

ETA: The banana is not for celebration, the banana is because my girlfriend said I shouldn't put a banana there :lol:

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I have no misconceptions. The police know exactly who I am, and I have no problem with that. I am not a criminal, nor am I otherwise a problem for them.I appreciate most of what they do, and for the most part how they do it.What rubs me the wrong way, is when they watch the communications of the citizenry in hopes to catch them doing or saying something thats politically incorrect, or hoping to catch them in some grey area or technicality. Or profiling people or constructing some watch list. I know what freedom isnt, and when you have to watch what you say, because big bothermay beeavesdropping,it isnt freedom.

malignity

imported post

How the hell did my topic go from asking if a sign was illegal to murder sprees? This kind of bickering, REGARDLESS OF THE TOPIC is not helping our cause. Stainless is obviously on one end of the spectrum of things, and the majority of us are on another.

Stop hijacking my thread and turning it into BS; cause I personally don't want any involvement in this conversation cause it's only going to lead down a negative road FOR EVERYONE. Since I can't lock my own thread, someone seriously needs to do it for me. Where the hell are the admins when you need them? :banghead:

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Sorry Malignity Was not supposed to happen, but threads do evolve, its the nature of the net. Cant be helped.

This isnt about any killing spree, its about how people can misconstrue the words or opinions of another, or a point of veiw that is off center, and use it to attack a group or individual.

malignity

imported post

I understand, and I don't blame you, nor GM.

I just hate how I ask a simple question and then need to wear a damn poncho to protect myself from fan-flung sh!t on this forum.

CharleyMarbles

imported post

To the OP if it helps to know they do have an armed guard in each office. Personaly I would totaly rather be incharge of my own safty but at least they have taken a step closer to being responsible for the safty of their customers??? I would totaly like to see the END of ANY defence deprevation "zones"

As well as have the right to self defence restored to ALL citizens after they are released from "confinement" because they are nolonger protected from criminal acts after release and even criminals deserve the right to self defence.

Will some of them comit more crime ? of corse but they will also likely NOT think twice about any law that "prohibits" them from being armed?

Only the ones who learned their lesson will and THEY are not a danger are they??? Kinda like Locks only keep the honest honest right?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Freedom of speech.

If someone wants to discuss committing a crime on the Internet then so be it.

We are allresponsible for our actions, words are just words until acted upon.

Freedom of expression is just as important as our other rights.

I can't be so hypocritical that I support controlling speech and then say there should be no infringement on the 2nd Amd. We are free or we are not.

cabman1

imported post

Venator wrote:
Freedom of speech. 

We are all responsible for our actions, words are just words until acted upon.

I can't be so hypocritical that I support controlling speech and then say there should be no infringement on the 2nd Amd.  We are free or we are not.

But when you contently either talk about shooting someone or committing numerous felony's it does make one think about the mental stability of said person.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

cabman1 wrote:
Venator wrote:
Freedom of speech.

We are allresponsible for our actions, words are just words until acted upon.

I can't be so hypocritical that I support controlling speech and then say there should be no infringement on the 2nd Amd. We are free or we are not.

But when you contently either talk about shooting someone or committing numerous felony's it does make one think about the mental stability of said person.
Yes of course, but that's his/her responsibility and doesn't have anything to do with his/her freedom to spout such things. We are free to make assumptions on that persons credibility, and mental stability by what they say and do.

cabman1

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I have no misconceptions. The police know exactly who I am, and I have no problem with that.  I am not a criminal, nor am I otherwise a problem for them. I appreciate most of what they do, and for the most part how they do it.What rubs me the wrong way, is when they watch the communications of the citizenry in hopes to catch them doing or saying something thats politically incorrect, or hoping to catch them in some grey area or technicality. Or profiling people or constructing some watch list. I know what freedom isnt, and when you have to watch what you say, because big bother may be eavesdropping, it isnt freedom. 

I just want to interject a thought into the watch list Idea
when you go about telling people not to register a gun or start talking about shooting up a social security building do you wonder why they put forums like this on a watch list??

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I wasnt talking about shooting up anyone. More to the effect of ways to avoid such shootings. As far as registration leading to confiscation, to elaborate would be redundant. Treason by gun control laws is greater than any felony, or suggestion of the support of it.

Have you forgotten our history? Im not sure if the term felony was coined in the late 1700s, but our forefathers would have been called felons bu their government you know.

A2 w/o A1? Impossible.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

If you think that my comments are how OCDO or MOC gets on the watch lists, youre mistaken. If its gun related, then its watched as soon as its opened for use. Period. My points and comments mean nothing in this regard.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hello All,

Could we do a little self editing here? Maybe the authors of the more offensive posts could delete the content? I am all for free speech, with that said I am not for speech that hurts the OC cause. We all want the same thing right? Then lets make sure we do not provide those that oppose us the tools needed to defeat us.

Just my honest opinion.

"United we stand. Divided we fall."