Thread: July 10th Volunteer Clean-Up

Lacey, Washington, USA

Post imported post

Volunteers Needed on July 10 in the Snoqualmie National Forest

The U.S. Forest Service is asking for volunteers to assistin a clean-up of garbage and debris left at several shooting sites located in the GREENWATER AREA on the Snoqualmie Ranger District of the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest.

The areas are becoming filled with a variety of trash, household items, and shooting debris. In order to keep access opened, the areas need to be cleaned and maintained. The Service does not have sufficient staff to do this on its own and is asking for help.

Please consider donating some time to this effort. It is one of the major ways that keeps Federal lands open to the public for informal target shooting.

You are asked to bring trash bags and gloves. If you can join in this volunteer effort and/or have questions, please contact Officer Ian Canaan at 206-510-6496 or email him at

The details of the Volunteer Clean-Up Day are as follows:

Saturday, July 10
    9:00am - 1:00pm

Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest

Snoqualmie Ranger District
    Forest Service Road 70, Mile Post 5.5

(Sorry about repeating this, I didn't see the other post)
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux

Seattle, Washington, USA

Post imported post

I will be taking the kids on a short backpacking trip up the Greenwater Lakes trail this weekend. I will have to see how the morning goes but I would love to participate.

I just realized the date is for July...

So I have marked my calendar!!!