• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC on picket line.

YuppieDog

imported post

Can my co-workers Open Carry on the ******* picket Line ? The company property in is Hazelhood. They have to stay off company property while picketing.

Prob will make the nighly news.

zekester

imported post

I think you can.....as long as you have a CCW....?

Sometimes the MUNI's have specifics as far as "group"....

DOC would be your best source...

Z

cshoff

imported post

As long as they are going to be on public property owned by Hazelwood, then Hazelwood ordinances should apply.

zekester

imported post

I tend to agree, but you may want to check out the laws containing "group" activities.....with STl being so pro-union....there maybe something there....I don't know for a fact.....but it is worth checking out..

Z

cshoff

imported post

zekester wrote:
I tend to agree, but you may want to check out the laws containing "group" activities.....with STl being so pro-union....there maybe something there....I don't know for a fact.....but it is worth checking out..

Z
For sure. I didn't mean to imply that I wouldn't meticulously go through the Hazelwood ordinances prior to heading out to the picket line, only that Boeing shouldn't really have any say-so over the matter if you are not on their property.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

My call on this one is that he is legal to OC in Hazelwood while picketing on public property as long as he is sober and does nothing in an angry or threatening manner. Tell him if he wares his gun to take a copy ofHazelwood's weapons ordinances and a smile.

Doc

zekester

imported post

cshoff wrote:
zekester wrote:

Z
For sure. I didn't mean to imply that I wouldn't meticulously go through the Hazelwood ordinances prior to heading out to the picket line, only that Boeing shouldn't really have any say-so over the matter if you are not on their property.
Boeing would have no control over the situation unless they have an "employee with a weapon" clause or something.....not sure how that can affect a strike, but I guess techinally your would still be an employee...

cshoff

imported post

zekester wrote:
cshoff wrote:
zekester wrote:

Z
Boeing would have no control over the situation unless they have an "employee with a weapon" clause or something.....not sure how that can affect a strike, but I guess techinally your would still be an employee...
Rules for employees generally only apply when the employee is present on company property, within a company vehicle, or is taking part in a company sponsored event. As long as these folks stay off of Boeing property, that shouldn't really be a problem.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Wow,

This has a few more concerns than have been addressed so far and needs some research.

I am not sure whether a strike would become a "protest" or something of the sort as well.

I know for a fact it has been done before in the state of Missouri as I was there, however that was in the 80's and Springfield MO.

I would seriously consult a lawyer first on this one and in saying so, I am not sure any officers whom were called to the scene would know for sure either. I would think it is ok, but I would check, perhaps the lawyers representing the hall could answer it, but if you ask them, you might not get the answer, you might get them deciding to ban it for the members of the union.

That is the other thing, read the unions regs for members so your not in dutch with them and fined.

I don't think this is gonna get answered for positive on the internet.

zekester

imported post

I agree 100%.....lot of variables here...not that I am happy to agree with LMTD ....:celebrate

YuppieDog

imported post

He will be on Hazelhood property and not on ******s, he has a ccw, and will be in a group of like 4-5 people. Also he is figuring he is on strike, no contract with the company, and really not an employee for this period of time.

I think he stated he would not OC, (prob CC) but wanted me to ask the PROs for an answer to the legality of OC. I told him if he wanted to get attention, he would get it.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Ok, spoke with one of the powers that be and off of the top of his head he could not cite anything that would make it a problem, however he did indicate that there would be some research time involved prior to a final say about it.

It seems several other states have issues with it and the "protest" part makes a difference there but not so much here.

He did mention that significant caution if he likes his job as there very well may be a policy in the union members contract forbidding it and frankly some of his brothers may be the ones whom object significantly and create problems. He might even become targeted by a news crew covering the story and they could be real negative no matter how positive he actually was about it.

Cuss, discuss, decide and know that pretty much all of us support the decision no matter what it is sir. I would likely not announce it though :p:what:

YuppieDog

imported post

He wanted me to say "Thanks for all the professional answers", I showed this to him and he decided to drop the idea of OCon the picket line.

He said that the chance of it back firing for the union in the mediaand give the Post Discrace a front page story made him change his idea.

YuppieDog

imported post

He figures he would be a "marked guy in the company" and after the strike, he would might get nailed. There was a guy that pulled some stunts during the last strike and was layed off for 3 months after picketing for 3 months.

6 months without pay -

When they take your cars out of the drive way and foreclose on your house, you rethink your past decisions.