• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sudden riches from Nigeria and what I might do with the money

Dave Workman

imported post

[size=[font="Times New Roman"][/font]][/size]
[size=[font="Times New Roman"]

Sudden riches from Nigeria and what I might do with the money][/size]

Workman may buy a Seattle city park and make it gun friendly. He might pay to have wolves shipped back to Canada. He might even run for president :)celebrate:what::shock:)

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m6d15-Sudden-riches-from-Nigeria-and-what-I-might-do-with-the-money

Or Try this:

http://tinyurl.com/26czvno

[/font]

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I get so damn offended when I HAVE TO PUSH a number to get english instead of the system just continuing in english

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::banghead::banghead::cuss::cuss:

amzbrady

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
I get so damn offended when I HAVE TO PUSH a number to get english instead of the system just continuing in english

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

devildoc5

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Poosharker wrote:

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Teddy couldnt have said it any better. I myself having recently come from the state of Mexico (California) am fluent in spanish amongst a few other languages, this however does not mean that I desire to speak those languages in my own friggin country.

When I lived in Naples, Italy English was taught in their high schools to all persons, however I would be ignored and cursed out in Italian if I did not at least make an effort to try and respect their language and give it a go. Why is it any different in the US?

When I was in CA I would ignore anyone who tried to speak to me in spanish and act like I did not understand them, however if they TRIED to speak to me in English and I could tell it was difficult for them I would respond to them in Spanish and make it easier for them. Common courtesy goes a LONG WAYS!

amlevin

imported post

Dave-

Why not contact J. G. Wentworth (the "It's My Money and I Want It NOW!" people with all those annoying ads) and have them give you some up front cash. Then THEY can go to the trouble of collecting from the Nigerians. Heck, even if they charge you half for their troubles, you'll have plenty left for your ambitions.

If you're interested, their Phone Number is 1-877-CASH NOW. Damn, I've heard way too many of their ads.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Poosharker wrote:

+1

Hey Poo when you going to come to Bham again we go shoot.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Poosharker wrote:

+1

Next gravel pit pick up?? That's a long ways just to go shooting but totally worth it if you spend the day there.

k.rollin

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
Poosharker wrote:

+1

Next gravel pit pick up?? That's a long ways just to go shooting but totally worth it if you spend the day there.
Come up and spend the day shooting? Hell there's other stuff to do here aside from shoot and pick up trash too.

ghosthunter

imported post

WellI for one like Dave's idea of bringing the troops home and putting them along the southern border.

Say 3 month rotation. Keep everyone tuned up that way, run a little night ops desert training. Cut down on the drugs and all those fully automatic weapons the Mexicans say they get from us legal American gun owners.

amzbrady

imported post

ghosthunter wrote:
WellI for one like Dave's idea of bringing the troops home and putting them along the southern border.

Say 3 month rotation. Keep everyone tuned up that way, run a little night ops desert training. Cut down on the drugs and all those fully automatic weapons the Mexicans say they get from us legal American gun owners.
We built the panama canal, why cant we widen and deepen the Rio Grande? I like how the Mexican Pres, Says our Pres "Must" fix the immigration laws. Why doesnt he fix his country so Mexicans want to stay there, instead of wanting to come here. God forbid, with all theHispanicImmigrants who are in our military, if were to ever go to war with them again. Course with a President who bows down to other countries, doubt that will be a problem, He will just do what they say to avoid conflict. Better keep a few unregistered in case of the govt grab.

cynicist

imported post

"Shall we refuse the unhappy fugitives from distress that hospitality which the savages of the wilderness extended to our fathers arriving in this land? Shall oppressed humanity find no asylum on this globe? The Constitution, indeed, has wisely provided that for admission to certain offices of important trust a residence shall be required sufficient to develop character and design. But might not the general character and capabilities of a citizen be safely communicated to every one manifesting a bona fide purpose of embarking his life and fortunes permanently with us?"
--Thomas Jefferson: 1st Annual Message, 1801. ME 3:338

Bob Warden

imported post

For most of recorded history, people appear to have acquiesced in, and in some ways embraced, a society that was static and predictable. A young twelfth-century vassal could look forward to tilling the same plot of his landlord's soil until disease, famine, natural disaster, or violence ended his life. And that end often came quickly. Life expectancy at birth was, on average, twenty-five years, the same as it had been for the previous thousand years. Moreover, the vassal could fully expect that his children and doubtless their children, in turn, would till the same plot. Perhaps such a programmed life had a certain security, established by a rigid social and legal hierarchy that left little to individual enterprise.

Alan Greenspan, 2005

Metalhead47

imported post

cynicist wrote:
"Shall we refuse the unhappy fugitives from distress that hospitality which the savages of the wilderness extended to our fathers arriving in this land? Shall oppressed humanity find no asylum on this globe? The Constitution, indeed, has wisely provided that for admission to certain offices of important trust a residence shall be required sufficient to develop character and design. But might not the general character and capabilities of a citizen be safely communicated to every one manifesting a bona fide purpose of embarking his life and fortunes permanently with us?"
--Thomas Jefferson: 1st Annual Message, 1801. ME 3:338
YES, we shall.

every one manifesting a bona fide purpose of embarking his life and fortunes permanently with us?
Herein lies the trouble. The illegal aliens flooding across the border have no desire to "embark...permanently with us." They don't want to be Americans. They want to remain Mexicans. That's why they refuse to learn English and turn every neighborhood they infest into Mexican barrio. I, personally, might be willing to forgive the "illegal" part if they were learning English and assimilating within a generation like every other wave of immigrants that has ever come to this country, including my own ancestors. It's the alien part that I am disgusted by.

oneeyeross

imported post

For me, it is simply the "illegal" part. Those who go to the trouble to fill out the paperwork, file the forms & co., deserve their shot.

The ones who can't be bothered to "legally" enter the country need to be caught, tried, convicted, sentenced, jailed, then sent home.

They can be used to build the fence....

Bob Warden

imported post

Why are folks so fired up NOW about immigration? It was a MUCH bigger problem during the 400 year European invasion that began in 1492. And those English bastards refused to learn to speak Cherokee!

Metalhead47

imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
Why are folks so fired up NOW about immigration? It was a MUCH bigger problem during the 400 year European invasion that began in 1492. And those English bastards refused to learn to speak Cherokee!

Give that tired liberal mantra a rest will you? Last I checked, there WERE no immigration laws in 1492.

We conquered this land fair & square.:p

And I bet you're no Cherokee speaker either.

Bob Warden

imported post

Don't be hatin! Just a friendly reminder that the concept of "immigrant" depends on one's point of view, and that borders exist only in our collective imagination. That's neither liberal nor conservative, just trivially obvious fact.

joeroket

imported post

Bob Warden wrote:
Don't be hatin! Just a friendly reminder that the concept of "immigrant" depends on one's point of view, and that borders exist only in our collective imagination. That's neither liberal nor conservative, just trivially obvious fact.

I am not sure what you are smoking Bob but this does not seem to be too imaginary to me. :p

mexico_border_crossing.jpg