Thread: Don't you just hate...

Post imported post

When People think they know whats legal and illegal! My buddys friend was like ATF Is gonna put you in jail if you open carry at 18, and that it's illegal to Carry in a bank, I'm not sure on the bank part, But I know you can OPEN CARRY at 18, I just wanna hit him, then he wont let me quote the statue saying he knows it, because he got a misdemeanor cause of it, I'm guessing he was concealing it, or didnt tell the office he had a handgun or something, But still it pisses me off like none other!

anyways ty for listening lol I'm gonna get the 2010 statue book and show him one of these days

Edit: Found the 2009-2010 Alaska Code, and the 2010 feudal code books, extra books ftw
    Code:
    (20) "defensive weapon" means an electric stun gun, or a device to dispense mace or a similar chemical agent, that is not designed to cause death or serious physical injury;

Post imported post

Your Friend does not know what He is talking about.

Secondly..., there is no Federal or State Law regarding Bank Carry.

Banks are just like any other Property..., either they are OK with Open Carry or they tell you to leave. If you do not leave when asked, unless a Higher Manager or Company Headquaters tells you otherwise, then, you risk being Arrested for Criminal Tresspassing. Criminal Tresspassing is codified under AS 11.46.330.

Under Alaska Law, just simply Conceal before you go into The Bank and odds are that no one inside will know that you have a Firearm. That way..., no harm no foul, so to speak. Either way though, Open Carry or Concealed Carry in Banks is Legal.

I OC in banks all the time. I had a couple issues here in Delta Junction banks,
    but is OK to OC at either bank now.
    Life is tough, its tougher when your stupid.

http://www.itsnotthelaw.com

Feds: U.C.C. 1-308, State: U.C.C. 1-207, Both: U.C.C. 1-103.6

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    After being on this forum for awhile I have a standard answer for those types of situations:

"Got a cite for that?"
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson