• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't you just hate...

xDayan

imported post

When People think they know whats legal and illegal! My buddys friend was like ATF Is gonna put you in jail if you open carry at 18, and that it's illegal to Carry in a bank, I'm not sure on the bank part, But I know you can OPEN CARRY at 18, I just wanna hit him, then he wont let me quote the statue saying he knows it, because he got a misdemeanor cause of it, I'm guessing he was concealing it, or didnt tell the office he had a handgun or something, But still it pisses me off like none other!:cuss::cuss:

anyways ty for listening lol I'm gonna get the 2010 statue book and show him one of these days

Edit: Found the 2009-2010 Alaska Code, and the 2010 feudal code books, extra books ftw

aadvark

imported post

Your Friend does not know what He is talking about.

Secondly..., there is no Federal or State Law regarding Bank Carry.

Banks are just like any other Property..., either they are OK with Open Carry or they tell you to leave. If you do not leave when asked, unless a Higher Manager or Company Headquaters tells you otherwise, then, you risk being Arrested for Criminal Tresspassing. Criminal Tresspassing is codified under AS 11.46.330.

Under Alaska Law, just simply Conceal before you go into The Bank and odds are that no one inside will know that you have a Firearm. That way..., no harm no foul, so to speak. Either way though, Open Carry or Concealed Carry in Banks is Legal.

Butch00

I OC in banks all the time. I had a couple issues here in Delta Junction banks,
but is OK to OC at either bank now.