• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need clarity

tronson

imported post

Does anyone have concise info about traveling with a firearm and whether it can be in lunge range encased and unloaded?

__

Banned
imported post

Your attorney should answer that question for you.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Your firearm does NOT need to be out of reach. You can read the laws, they say nothing about out of reach. Some people here say different. They are wrong.

Carcharodon

imported post

What is the legal method of carrying a weapon in my vehicle in Wisconsin?
With the weapon cased and unloaded. Applies to firearms and bow hunting equipment.

thanks for that link WCI :D

imported post

To “go armed” does not require going anywhere. The elements for a violation of
s. 941.23 are: 1) a dangerous weapon is on the defendant’s person or within reach;
2) the defendant is aware of the weapon’s presence; and 3) the weapon is hidden.
State v. Keith, 175 Wis. 2d 75, 498 N.W.2d 865 (Ct. App. 1993).

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Big Guy wrote:
To “go armed” does not require going anywhere. The elements for a violation of
s. 941.23 are: 1) a dangerous weapon is on the defendant’s person or within reach;
2) the defendant is aware of the weapon’s presence; and 3) the weapon is hidden.
State v. Keith, 175 Wis. 2d 75, 498 N.W.2d 865 (Ct. App. 1993).
This is not for vehicle carry.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Carcharodon wrote:
What is the legal method of carrying a weapon in my vehicle in Wisconsin?
With the weapon cased and unloaded. Applies to firearms and bow hunting equipment.

thanks for that link WCI :D
If a bow's string is removed is does not have to be cased. Besides, having to case a bow is asinine. Don't think I ever read a story about a gangbanger committing a drive by bowing!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I used to keep mine in my trunk, which was extra pain when holstering up when I got somewhere. I will probably start keeping it under the passenger seat, then soon as I stand up outside of the car, holster up and throw the case down on my drivers seat. It will cause less of a scene, and I don't have to go into the trunk each time.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

logan wrote:
I used to keep mine in my trunk, which was extra pain when holstering up when I got somewhere. I will probably start keeping it under the passenger seat, then soon as I stand up outside of the car, holster up and throw the case down on my drivers seat. It will cause less of a scene, and I don't have to go into the trunk each time.
Way to go go! Thats the way I do it, except i keep mine under my drivers seat

M

McX

imported post

drive by bowing! I love that one Dustiniac! I can just see it too; they would use their gang colors on the arrow fletching, to identify them. har-har-har!

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
Thats your opinion.
No that is a fact, if you place the firearm under the seat even though it is encased and unloaded it is still concealed from plain view.

My suggestion would be to leave it "ON" the seat.

But hey to each his own, it is not like I have to pay your fines.