• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop Encounter Scenario Rundown

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
imported post

canadian wrote:
Cavalryman wrote:
Me: "I thought about that, but I'm worried about what might happen to the round if I miss."
How do you miss a grizzly bear? they are like 8 feet tall and 1200 pounds! :lol:
Yes they are, and I probably wouldn't miss, but there are a lot of people in Campbell Creek Park and I've never practiced firing a handgun while simultaneously pooping my pants! :uhoh:

xDayan

imported post

Cavalryman wrote:
Actual open carry encounter in Anchorage:

Officer: "Is that a Wilson?"

Me: "Yes it is."

Officer: "I have a Kimber myself, but on-duty I have to carry a Glock."

Me: "Sucks to be you!" (With a disarming smile.)

Officer: "You got that right! You going through Campbell Creek Park?"

Me: "Yes."

Officer: "Well, be careful. Guy got mauled by a brownie (grizzly bear) yesterday. You might think about something more powerful."

Me: "I thought about that, but I'm worried about what might happen to the round if I miss."

Officer: "That's true. Well, do whatever you think is best. Be careful. Enjoy your hike."

I LOVE LIVING IN ALASKA! :celebrate
I just started open carrying in anchorage, still havent meet a LEO, did get this girl bitching at me, at quiznos :cuss: on southside. still need to write that letter in to there comp a bout that >.<

canadian

imported post

Cavalryman wrote:
I've never practiced firing a handgun while simultaneously pooping my pants! :uhoh:

Well that sounds like a glaring hole in your training! :lol:

Then again, I can't imagine too many shooting ranges that would be impressed with you if you tried it...:lol:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
impulse418 wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Officer: "Nice Ruger! 9mm?"

Me: "Thanks! Indeed it is!"
Lol, same experience, different cannon.
LOL I've never had a negative police encounter. They've all been very polite and respectful.

Maybe because they all know you come from an LEO family.......lol.

Hang out with me sometime......LOL.

Aaron1124

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
impulse418 wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Officer: "Nice Ruger! 9mm?"

Me: "Thanks! Indeed it is!"
Lol, same experience, different cannon.
LOL I've never had a negative police encounter. They've all been very polite and respectful.

Maybe because they all know you come from an LEO family.......lol.

Hang out with me sometime......LOL.
LOL Nah, they don't know that. Most cops don't know me from Billy Bob, but a hand full of the ones at Kent and Seattle know me, considering those are the two departments where I've got friends and family.