• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

sherrif department told me off

babyglock40

imported post

hay i just got a tong lashing from the Sargent of the hollister sheriff depatment saying if i carrythen i will be arrestedand he would put a gun on my eareven thow it the constitution says i can carry and the state of california ,. received a email that from the city chief of police in hollistersaying i can open carry in the city limits saying i can carry I'm pissed lets do carry here in holllister come on.

sjalterego

imported post

Baby Glock, most people in these forums are fairly serious and if you wish to be treated seriously and with respect and to have any sway you need to be able to articulate your thoughts and positions a little better.

The occasional misspelling or mangled syntax is not a problem (except for the grammar/spelling nazis). However your post above almost defies comprehension.

Apparently

1 the Sgt. at the local sheriff's office told you you couldn't Open Carryand if you did you could expect to be felony stopped and arrested

2 you believe the constitution (of the U.S. ) and California state law afford you the right/ability to Open Carry

3 the Chief of Police of Hollister says you can OC w/in the city limits

4 you are pissed off and, I think, inviting everybody to come to Hollister to do an OC event.

My 2 points:

1 if you are protesting, why OC in the city of Hollister where you have been told you can OC, why not hold a meet-up in an unincorporated area of the County to ensure that any response comes from the Sheriff who is the problem rather than from the City police who are not the problem

2 you aren't going to get many people willing to help you unless they feel they can trust you and they aren't going to trust you unless and until you can express yourself a little more coherently. Nobody want to OC next to a crazy man.

Decoligny

imported post

And the fact that you already posted this same exact thing word for word, cut and paste, under a different title in the California forum, indicates that you aren't even really trying to communicate effectively.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

These are tongs. So, I suppose a tong would be one half of the set.

b5ca36687936fd6c