• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Topeka Open Carry Ban Defeated 5-3!!!!!

marine0300

imported post

Topeka is Open Carry for Law Abiding Citizens.

The vote would have been 6-3 but one council person who supported open carry was out on business.

DEFENSOR

imported post

just got home to read the good news of your victory.

Congratulations Topeka and in fact all of Kansas. Even if I did not have family in Kansas I would still be happy for you all. Ihope more cities will come to see the light.

Sincerely, DEFENSOR

aadvark

imported post

Good!

Even if Police Chief Ronald Miller were to have gotten His Bill through..., it would have been partially Unenforceable against KSA 12, 16-124 as it applies to holders of Valid Kansas Permits under The Kansas Personnal and Family Protection Act KSA 75-7c.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

aadvark wrote:
Good!

Even if Police Chief Ronald Miller were to have gotten His Bil through..., it would have been partially Unenforceable against KSA 12, 16-124 as it applies to holders of Valid Kansas Permits under The Kansas Personnal and Family Protection Act KSA 75-7c.
Um, no, we have been thru that before - permits give preemption for open carry only in vehicles.

aadvark

imported post

That is not how I read the Law..., but maybe..., perhaps I could be wrong.

suntzu

imported post

marine0300 wrote:
Topeka is Open Carry for Law Abiding Citizens.

The vote would have been 6-3 but one council person who supported open carry was out on business.
Way to go to all of you out there.

Carcharodon

imported post

Glad to hear it! on clip I found funny from the news story though "She said there are lots of incidents of road rage and disputes between neighbors where emotions get out of control and someone ends up being shot." Why do antis always bring up road rage and shooting? If you were really that mad, wouldn't you just use your car as a weapon? People at my work who are against carrying(but all for owning guns) bring this up too.

peterarthur

imported post

Carcharodon wrote:
Glad to hear it! on clip I found funny from the news story though "She said there are lots of incidents of road rage and disputes between neighbors where emotions get out of control and someone ends up being shot." Why do antis always bring up road rage and shooting? If you were really that mad, wouldn't you just use your car as a weapon? People at my work who are against carrying(but all for owning guns) bring this up too.
It is called projection. They project the rage they feel from their impotence to take on their own self-defense so they imagine that we would shoot other drivers the way they can only fantasize about because they would never have the balls to stand up for themselves. It is a type of compensation for being cowards. We who carry don't feel this impotence and therefore don't fantasize in such cowardly ways but they think we do because it is what they do.