Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Flat tire argument for OC or CC

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Yorktown / Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    6

    Post imported post

    I had a friend recently ask me why I carried a gun all the time. My reponse was well do you have a spare tire for your truck ? Answer was "yes" I asked why. Friend stated the obvious in case I have a flat but what's that got to do with you carrying a gun all the time. I responded incase I get attacked. Friend responded that won't happen. I responded na guess not guess I won't ever have a flat tire either. Next time I saw my friend guess what ? Yep he had gone and bought a gun and had it on his hip and was waiting on his CHP. Used this same arguement this weekend with a girl I am seeing. Shestated "WOW" never thought about that. Then askwill you help me pick outa gun and help me learn to shoot and get my CHP. So in short if someone ask why ?Simply ask the flat tire question.

  2. #2
    Regular Member maverick2694's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Norfolk, Va
    Posts
    41

    Post imported post

    I like that. I also like to respond by asking if they keep a fire extinguisher in their house, or if they wear a seatbelt while driving.

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,848

    Post imported post

    maverick2694 wrote:
    I like that. I also like to respond by asking if they keep a fire extinguisher in their house, or if they wear a seatbelt while driving.
    Seatbelts are required by law.. thats why i wear one :-P
    Carry On.

    Ed

    VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    When someone says that you only carry a gun because you hope to need to use it one day, counter with "so because I have a fire extinguisher in my home, I hope my house catches fire?" or "So because I have a spare tire in my vehicle, I hope to get a flat tire on the side of I-81?"

  5. #5
    Regular Member Riana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax County, VA
    Posts
    943

    Post imported post

    ed wrote:
    maverick2694 wrote:
    I like that. I also like to respond by asking if they keep a fire extinguisher in their house, or if they wear a seatbelt while driving.
    Seatbelts are required by law.. thats why i wear one :-P
    Only in some states (some days, I really miss visiting NH...:celebrate)

  6. #6
    Regular Member wylde007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Va Beach, Occupied VA
    Posts
    3,037

    Post imported post

    ed wrote:
    Seatbelts are required by law.. that's why i wear one :-P
    Same goes for helmets with a lot of riders I know.

    I like that. I also like to respond by asking if they keep a fire extinguisher in their house,
    And aside from the implications of having a fire extinguisher or spare tire for emergencies what else is important?

    Having it fully functioning, regularly checked/tested, familiarizing yourself with its use and making sure it's loaded.

    A spare tire is great when you need it... unless it is also flat. A fire extinguisher can save your home or even your life... unless it is empty.

    The same logic applies to personal defense weapons.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    58

    Post imported post

    I do not push the issue with the anti's.
    In the short time I have been carrying I have come to the conclusion that I am not the person to attempt to change their minds or enter a debate about carry of weapons. The people that almost foam at the mouth at the idea of restricting side-arms tickle my knee-jerk reaction to slap the crap out of them. Easier to avoid those foolish people and let them go on believing what they wish.

    I only wish the anti's would at least respect my right to carry. I respect their opinion even if I disagree with it so why can they not accept my right to carry.

  8. #8
    Regular Member virginiatuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Loudoun County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    788

    Post imported post

    XDUser wrote:
    I only wish the anti's would at least respect my right to carry. I respect their opinion even if I disagree with it so why can they not accept my right to carry[?]
    Then you'd be right and they'd be wrong...





    PS: When I saw this topic, Flat Tire Argument for OC or CC, I thought it had something to do with OC or CC'ers having certain prevailing body types.

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate user's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Piedmont of Virginia
    Posts
    2,373

    Post imported post

    I really don't want to have to carry a flat tire around with me too!
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

    By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gloucester, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    629

    Post imported post

    user wrote:
    I really don't want to have to carry a flat tire around with me too!


    ^



  11. #11
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    user wrote:
    I really don't want to have to carry a flat tire around with me too!
    Well I carry a spare tire around with me all the time. Can't seem to get it off from around my waist!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •