Thread: Flat tire argument for OC or CC

Post imported post

I had a friend recently ask me why I carried a gun all the time. My reponse was well do you have a spare tire for your truck ? Answer was "yes" I asked why. Friend stated the obvious in case I have a flat but what's that got to do with you carrying a gun all the time. I responded incase I get attacked. Friend responded that won't happen. I responded na guess not guess I won't ever have a flat tire either. Next time I saw my friend guess what ? Yep he had gone and bought a gun and had it on his hip and was waiting on his CHP. Used this same arguement this weekend with a girl I am seeing. Shestated "WOW" never thought about that. Then askwill you help me pick outa gun and help me learn to shoot and get my CHP. So in short if someone ask why ?Simply ask the flat tire question.

Post imported post

I like that. I also like to respond by asking if they keep a fire extinguisher in their house, or if they wear a seatbelt while driving.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

maverick2694 wrote:
    I like that. I also like to respond by asking if they keep a fire extinguisher in their house, or if they wear a seatbelt while driving.
    Seatbelts are required by law.. thats why i wear one :-P
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

When someone says that you only carry a gun because you hope to need to use it one day, counter with "so because I have a fire extinguisher in my home, I hope my house catches fire?" or "So because I have a spare tire in my vehicle, I hope to get a flat tire on the side of I-81?"

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    maverick2694 wrote:
    Seatbelts are required by law.. thats why i wear one :-P
    Only in some states (some days, I really miss visiting NH...:celebrate)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    Seatbelts are required by law.. that's why i wear one :-P
    Same goes for helmets with a lot of riders I know.

I like that. I also like to respond by asking if they keep a fire extinguisher in their house,
    And aside from the implications of having a fire extinguisher or spare tire for emergencies what else is important?

Having it fully functioning, regularly checked/tested, familiarizing yourself with its use and making sure it's loaded.

A spare tire is great when you need it... unless it is also flat. A fire extinguisher can save your home or even your life... unless it is empty.

The same logic applies to personal defense weapons.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

I do not push the issue with the anti's.
    In the short time I have been carrying I have come to the conclusion that I am not the person to attempt to change their minds or enter a debate about carry of weapons. The people that almost foam at the mouth at the idea of restricting side-arms tickle my knee-jerk reaction to slap the crap out of them. Easier to avoid those foolish people and let them go on believing what they wish.

I only wish the anti's would at least respect my right to carry. I respect their opinion even if I disagree with it so why can they not accept my right to carry.

Post imported post

XDUser wrote:
    I only wish the anti's would at least respect my right to carry. I respect their opinion even if I disagree with it so why can they not accept my right to carry[?]
    Then you'd be right and they'd be wrong...

PS: When I saw this topic, Flat Tire Argument for OC or CC, I thought it had something to do with OC or CC'ers having certain prevailing body types.

Post imported post

I really don't want to have to carry a flat tire around with me too!
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Post imported post

user wrote:

^

Post imported post

user wrote:
    Well I carry a spare tire around with me all the time. Can't seem to get it off from around my waist!