• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Times Herald - Open carry picnic planned at Marysville City Park from 1 to 6 p.m. June 27

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.thetimesherald.com/article/20100616/NEWS01/6160313/Open-carry-advocates-plan-return-for-picnic

SNIP

The two men who claimed Marysville police harassed them for openly carrying handguns said they plan to return to the city for a picnic -- with friends.

What will be different about this picnic and most others is that many of the people there will have holsters and handguns at their waists.

Rob Harris, 36, of Eastpointe, and Scott Webb, 31, a former Marysville resident, said they plan to meet at Marysville City Park from 1 to 6 p.m. June 27 for a picnic.

Harris said they are expecting quite a turnout -- between 30 and 50 people.

"I'd imagine it will be a pretty big turnout," Harris said.

Harris and Webb said earlier this month they were told they had to leave the city park during Marysville Days because they were openly carrying handguns, an action that is legal in Michigan.

A recording of the confrontation between the two men and the police officer, Assistant Chief Ron Buckmaster, shows police threatened to arrest the men if they didn't leave.

Police Chief Tim Buelow has said he sent out a memorandum to officers about how to treat open-carry situations.

Buelow said he doesn't plan to do anything about the get-together Webb and Harris are planning.

He said he has no problem with it "whatsoever."

"It's not an issue," he said.

. . .

detroit_fan

imported post

So are the cops in Marysville doing all the comments or what? I have a hard time believeng that many people in one area are that ignorant. There is an article on mlive right now about a shooting in a park, possibly by a group of peopleand the citizens of marysvillestill don't understand why you need to carry in a park or carnival?

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
So are the cops in Marysville doing all the comments or what? I have a hard time believeng that many people in one area are that ignorant. There is an article on mlive right now about a shooting in a park, possibly by a group of peopleand the citizens of marysvillestill don't understand why you need to carry in a park or carnival?
Your BS detector is working well my friend. :)