Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City of Flint Gun laws in review.

Post imported post

I was just interviewed by the Flint Journal about the City Flint Gun Laws. Some City counsel members want to keep thecurrent Laws. No open Carry and very restricted carry.One counsel woman want to make the laws stiffer to prevent crime. A few months ago I contacted theCity Mayor officeabout the Michigan Preemption Law.

The Mayor passed to the City Attorney and the city counsel is now in the process of reviewing and/ or removing the City Gun Laws.

Watch in the Flint Journal or Mlive for the story.I hope she writes it asItold her or at least in non biased way.

Ps I do not want to start a thread about laws, preemption, open carry, CPL.

Take one step at a time in your home town see what you can do.

The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Thank you very much for your effort!

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Thank you very much for your effort!
    +1
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Good for you Sir!! If we all were to deal with illegal ordinances in just our own home area eventually they would all be changed.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

LaVere is big time now!

This made the journal today. I am looking for a link on Mlive now.

Seems that the city council wants to rally the state to get rid of the state Preemption laws so Flint can make it's own rules.

They cited that open carrying will lead to more shootings again, and that tighter gun control laws will lead to less crime.

Dumbasses.

This article mentioned something funny. It's illegal inFlint to carry a concealed weapon, even with a CPL.

They even used the old and tired Wild West analogy.

Post imported post

I'm very happy with the comments section, at least as far as I read. At least SOME people have common sense...
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

it's most. Go to page 5, they even had to spawn a sub-story.

Post imported post

There are a lot more idiots commenting on the sub-story...
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

I don't think they quite get it...

It doesn't matter what laws are in place. It doesn't matter if they make it a felony with mandatory death sentence for even owning a firearm. STATE law says it's null and void.

If prosecuted for anything regarding the local law that state law strictly prohibits I'm quite certain that you can fling a lawsuit the size of Montana at them.

I really don't understand how they don't see that. It doesn't matter what they want, what matters is what is. Hell, I want a hair-trigger double-barrel sh!t machine gun, but the law says I can't have one. Such is life.

Good job LeVere, hopefully after talking you, they realize that. It's really a very simple concept. I don't understand why they can't grasp it.

An armed society is a polite society.

All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

I saw this in the paper yesterday (before reading this thread). Way to go, Gordon!!!

Post imported post

I would like to have an open carry picnic on the 27th of June somewhere in Flint. Anyone with a good idea where this could take place PM me or just respond here.

Post imported post

manicdevery wrote:
    I would like to have an open carry picnic on the 27th of June somewhere in Flint. Anyone with a good idea where this could take place PM me or just respond here.

I would recommend more lead time so as to have a better turnout!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Kearsley Park

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    manicdevery wrote:

That is going to be one of my only days off. i work 6or7 days a week pending on the week. I might just have some cookout materials and a couple frisbees even if its not an official event.

Kearsly park sounds great

Post imported post

Just a thought for consideration....

While everyone is always free to do what ever they wish ...

Any response to the City of Flint by OC'ers will be considered to be the amount of support there is for gun rights and OC.. and the requirement to change their ordinance.

So.... my opinion only... it would be far better to have 30 or 40 people show up after a period of time that allows folks to plan for, and change schedules, to allow them to attend...

After all the media hoopla it would be terrible to have the next article come out with a headline saying that 2 or 3 people showed up to support gun rights in response to the City of Flint's resistance to changing their ordinance.

Now, with Marysville and Flint right out there in the news, is the time for an organized group numbering in the manys to show up... and it wouldn't hurt to get every gun rights group in Michigan involved in this.... whether they are for OC or not wouldn't matter because this issue has now become one of...

"I am your Lord and Master City Council and I will ordain what laws you, the unwashed and lowly, will obey... even if I have to change State Law (think about that concept!!!!! the audacity of arrogance!!!) in order to cement my power over you!"
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

manicdevery wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    manicdevery wrote:

That is going to be one of my only days off. i work 6or7 days a week pending on the week. I might just have some cookout materials and a couple frisbees even if its not an official event.

Kearsly park sounds great
    Kearsley sounds good to me also Gordon Just not july 4 weekend.July 24 Sat or 25 Sunday would work for me. But then I'm not in charge.

The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

Post imported post

Kearsley Park: http://www.cityofflint.com/KearsleyPark/index.html

Before anyone decides on Kearsley Park, you may want to review Rental Info before doing so.

As far as I know, there's no restroom facilities available unless you rent the Donnelly Pavilion. The rental fee for the pavilion is $100 for the day and the City will place a Port-A-Potty in the parking lot for the group. If you pay $50 per every 4 hours, you are allowed to use the restroom facilities in the lower level of the pavilion. There's also a $50 trash deposit (refundable if area is clean before leaving) and an additional $50 rental fee for tables and chairs. I think the park has two pavilions but like I said, if you don't pay the rental fee, there's no restrooms available.

Post imported post

Dalai Lama

Post imported post

Any updates on how the Flint City Council is proceeding with their agenda of enforcing draconian gun control over the residents, and passers through, of that city?

Post imported post

There was an OC picnic at Kelley Lake near Belsay Rd. off of Lapeer rd. 2 years ago, seemed to work out pretty good, been reading about the open carry ban here in Flint in the paper past few days, I mostly carry concealed but have open carried here too but have never had any problems

Post imported post

Flint moves forward on changing it's illegal ordinance despite some contentious "feelings" of some council members.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...html#incart_rh

Post imported post

We had a oc meet up last year at kelley lake park, all went well..

also sorry if someone else posted this from the article "Councilman Sheldon Neeley voted to move forward on changing the law, but said he wants the city to look into requiring people who apply for open carry permits in Flint to take a class."

Post imported post

I would just like to say on record, i open carry in downtown flint every single day of my life, and have had many encounters with officer Lewis a beat cop downtown, never any mention of my firearm, I carry in all the bars also. Openly with a cpl of course.

The city council has no idea what is going on, on their streets. I have been in a situation before I started carrying a gun, where Me and some friends were robbed at knifepoint (luckily all my other friends carried concealed argue time.

Would anyone like to go to the city council meeting,'open carrying with me?

"The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast