• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Flint Gun laws in review.

LaVere

imported post

I was just interviewed by the Flint Journal about the City Flint Gun Laws. Some City counsel members want to keep thecurrent Laws. No open Carry and very restricted carry.One counsel woman want to make the laws stiffer to prevent crime. A few months ago I contacted theCity Mayor officeabout the Michigan Preemption Law.

The Mayor passed to the City Attorney and the city counsel is now in the process of reviewing and/ or removing the City Gun Laws.

Watch in the Flint Journal or Mlive for the story.I hope she writes it asItold her or at least in non biased way.

Ps I do not want to start a thread about laws, preemption, open carry, CPL.

Take one step at a time in your home town see what you can do.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Good for you Sir!! If we all were to deal with illegal ordinances in just our own home area eventually they would all be changed.

Slave

imported post

LaVere is big time now!

This made the journal today. I am looking for a link on Mlive now.

Seems that the city council wants to rally the state to get rid of the state Preemption laws so Flint can make it's own rules.

They cited that open carrying will lead to more shootings again, and that tighter gun control laws will lead to less crime.

Dumbasses.

This article mentioned something funny. It's illegal inFlint to carry a concealed weapon, even with a CPL.

They even used the old and tired Wild West analogy.

EM87

imported post

I'm very happy with the comments section, at least as far as I read. At least SOME people have common sense... :banghead:

malignity

imported post

I don't think they quite get it...

It doesn't matter what laws are in place. It doesn't matter if they make it a felony with mandatory death sentence for even owning a firearm. STATE law says it's null and void.

If prosecuted for anything regarding the local law that state law strictly prohibits I'm quite certain that you can fling a lawsuit the size of Montana at them.

I really don't understand how they don't see that. It doesn't matter what they want, what matters is what is. Hell, I want a hair-trigger double-barrel sh!t machine gun, but the law says I can't have one. Such is life.

Good job LeVere, hopefully after talking you, they realize that. It's really a very simple concept. I don't understand why they can't grasp it.

An armed society is a polite society. ;)

manicdevery

imported post

I would like to have an open carry picnic on the 27th of June somewhere in Flint. Anyone with a good idea where this could take place PM me or just respond here.

manicdevery

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
manicdevery wrote:
I would like to have an open carry picnic on the 27th of June somewhere in Flint. Anyone with a good idea where this could take place PM me or just respond here.

I would recommend more lead time so as to have a better turnout!
That is going to be one of my only days off. i work 6or7 days a week pending on the week. I might just have some cookout materials and a couple frisbees even if its not an official event.

Kearsly park sounds great

B

Bikenut

imported post

Just a thought for consideration....

While everyone is always free to do what ever they wish ...

Any response to the City of Flint by OC'ers will be considered to be the amount of support there is for gun rights and OC.. and the requirement to change their ordinance.

So.... my opinion only... it would be far better to have 30 or 40 people show up after a period of time that allows folks to plan for, and change schedules, to allow them to attend...

After all the media hoopla it would be terrible to have the next article come out with a headline saying that 2 or 3 people showed up to support gun rights in response to the City of Flint's resistance to changing their ordinance.

Now, with Marysville and Flint right out there in the news, is the time for an organized group numbering in the manys to show up... and it wouldn't hurt to get every gun rights group in Michigan involved in this.... whether they are for OC or not wouldn't matter because this issue has now become one of...

"I am your Lord and Master City Council and I will ordain what laws you, the unwashed and lowly, will obey... even if I have to change State Law (think about that concept!!!!! the audacity of arrogance!!!) in order to cement my power over you!"

LaVere

imported post

manicdevery wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
manicdevery wrote:

I would recommend more lead time so as to have a better turnout!
That is going to be one of my only days off. i work 6or7 days a week pending on the week. I might just have some cookout materials and a couple frisbees even if its not an official event.

Kearsly park sounds great

Kearsley sounds good to me also Gordon Just not july 4 weekend.July 24 Sat or 25 Sunday would work for me. But then I'm not in charge.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Kearsley Park: http://www.cityofflint.com/KearsleyPark/index.html

Before anyone decides on Kearsley Park, you may want to review Rental Info before doing so.

As far as I know, there's no restroom facilities available unless you rent the Donnelly Pavilion. The rental fee for the pavilion is $100 for the day and the City will place a Port-A-Potty in the parking lot for the group. If you pay $50 per every 4 hours, you are allowed to use the restroom facilities in the lower level of the pavilion. There's also a $50 trash deposit (refundable if area is clean before leaving) and an additional $50 rental fee for tables and chairs. I think the park has two pavilions but like I said, if you don't pay the rental fee, there's no restrooms available.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Any updates on how the Flint City Council is proceeding with their agenda of enforcing draconian gun control over the residents, and passers through, of that city?