• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Autozone, anyone know their position on 2a?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

My girlfriend is getting a bit board not working as many hours and thought she would look for a fun type job. Pop and I went by Autozone to grab a plug for his mower and they had a sign for all shifts part time or full time employment. I told her about it for her son actually, but she thought it might be fun so she did the online application with them.

They have an 81 question pre-employment screening they do, normal stuff like: I like the challenge of shoplifting. True or false

Now it is pretty normal stuff till you get to:

#69 I don’t enjoy using guns. True or False

WTH would that or could that have to do with employ-ability? I suppose you might need an extra job if you like to collect AR's no doubt but really WTH!

In a quick search to see, I did find an old post from 2006 on THR about this same topic. That thread seemed to interpret it as some kind of honesty test coupled with a personality test, I am familiar with both and I do not see it at all.

I am an INTJ personality type and I have taken at least 10 of those test and none were remotely like that and I have taken loss prevention test as well which is what that is most like, but what is a gun question doing on it and what are they determining from it?

cash50

imported post

LMTD, I dunno abouthow they feel on2A rights, butthe Autozone by my house is terrible. I live in St. Charles btw. Answer that one with a big, fat FALSE.

Stupid question, but those tests are usually full of them.

peterarthur

imported post

I go into Autozone once a month in a neighborhood that is 98% black (where I live) and I get questioned by customers all the time about carrying. ALL of them are surprised and pleased by my response and I bet every other person becomes a gun owner and some might even be carrying now. I only know of one specifically that was "converted" by me :) I am on a mission to educate and "free" the citizens of my neighborhood and to undo some of the brainwashing they have endured by the media...