• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Belle Meade delays vote on firearms ordinance banning guns 6-16-2010

T

TN-treefrmr

Kwik

Is it Liable or Slander to make the public claims you make against the public agencies in your city?
How many people have been arrested for carrying a holstered weapon in that city during the last 10 years?

slowfiveoh

Is it Liable or Slander to make the public claims you make against the public agencies in your city?
How many people have been arrested for carrying a holstered weapon in that city during the last 10 years?

A better questions is:

"How many people have gotten away with carrying a holster in that city over the past 10 years, even though it is in direct violation of the law?".

or how about

"Why was a law abiding citizen stopped,and harassed, while being continuously lied to by law enforcement officer s on the scene, for complying with the law?".

Again.

Things that make you go, "Hmm?"

RussP

A better questions is:

"How many people have gotten away with carrying a holster in that city over the past 10 years, even though it is in direct violation of the law?".
That's a really good question, slow. What's the answer?

Here's another question I've asked Leonard before, but he's never answered: "How many Belle Meade residents hold a carry permit as of 1/1/2010"?
or how about

"Why was a law abiding citizen stopped,
Simple answer, a resident of Belle Meade called and reported a man carrying a firearm in his hand and asked the police to check him out.
and harassed,
That's a subjective opinion, slow. How about letting a jury decide whether it is harassment or not.
while being continuously lied to by law enforcement officer s on the scene,
Because the law allows it...
for complying with the law?".
Let's see...Leonard believes he's not obligated to obey any law he believes is unconstitutional, and he pratices that belief, like when he carried into the Brentwood library, thus violating that City's ordinance. Why did he not obey the Brentwood ordinance and chose to obey Belle Meade's?
Again.

Things that make you go, "Hmm?"
Yep...

T

TN-treefrmr

RussP:
I am not exactly familiar with the entire timeline or the map of locations where Kwik became infamous in the region around Nashville.
So far I have
1: In a public building with a weapon where weapons carried by civilians are not permitted.

2: A restraining order in the city of Brentwood that would have required a legitimate BOLO being created. That order had to be issued by a judge and would have resulted in the permission to carry a weapon being suspended. Kwik could have gone to court and provided evidence that he was a law abiding citizen and retained his permit along with having the restraining order not issued. Those orders are not lightly issued for frivolous reasons so there must have been some basis for the order to begin with.
3. Walking down the Median of Belle Meade Blvd with a black powder revolver in his hand and being reported to the police for his actions or method of carry his weapon in a aggressive manner rather than holstered like a responsible permit holder is taught in the state of Tennessee. A weapon in the hand or walking around with your hand on a weapon is considered aggressive and threatening and any person approaching him could have filed an assault charge against Kwik with just cause. Because of the "Blue Law" which Kwik cites he had to go out of his way to acquire a replica of an Army or Navy percussion pistol to carry in his hand on his walk down the median of main street. The walking on the median is considered unlawful in most cities I have been in but I understand Belle Meade can follow its own path on this. I have heard of people being charged with obstructing traffic for doing that or Jay Walking. There is always the consideration that the median was designed as a pedestrian area but that sounds like poor planning by the city as it puts pedestrians in harms way and could lead to law suits for providing a hazardous environment for said pedestrians. There have been regions that were sued for not providing enough cross walks and that resulted in jay walking which lead to hazardous conditions such as pedestrian death by vehicle as they darted into traffic. Of course this entire incident had nothing to do with the state handgun carry as such obsolete laws are somewhat covered in class and advise is given that state law overrides this type of Blue Law. Then we come to the issue that the city could have designated the median a park and that would have resulted in carry of any type being illegal if it was a park and posted.

4. Rumor has it that Kwik boasted of carrying in city parks where do not carry was posted and he took pictures of the signs and posted them on the net as he was provoking the authorities.

5. We come to carrying an AK pistol which can be confused with a short barreled rifle that has its stock folded
flkrinksm.jpg

In a state park for the purpose of attracting the attention of authorities.
I read about this park, which seems a nice place in the city limits of Nashville, But realized it is about one third the area of Forrest and lake around my place where I take my walks each day.
Kwik was detained and questioned by park rangers and local law enforcement after being reported for what a reasonable person would consider aggressive behavior, The type of weapon being carried and manner of carry of said weapon. Then Kwik proceeds to advise and distract authorities which results in a 2.5 hour detainment, Which could have been shortened by about 2 hours or less by a logical person. However a logical/ rational, civilized responsible person would not have placed them selves in a similar position.

We have 5 or more situations where Kwik provided evidence he is not a responsible law abiding citizen and should not have a carry permit as he poses a threat to himself and those innocent people who he comes in contact with. Granted all actions were within the letter of the law sometimes common sense has to come into play. such as how do I appear to those around me and how can my actions be misconstrued.

To file civil suits after those actions just compounds your actions and should delay any legal recourse you might think you are allowed. Once you have exhausted your regional and state suits then you can advance to the federal level and become more of a laughing stock. Your 15 minutes of fame are becoming a lifetime of infamy of your own making.

Until the Kwik issue is resolved and the federal gun issues are resolved the city of Belle Meade is correct in not addressing the issue before them related to the old ordinance which is ignored anyway. If it was not ignored there would have been more citizens with carry permits cited for improper carry and an affluent city such as Belle Meade would have rescinded the law long ago as the people with money would have taken care of a law which restricted their rights to do anything, unless Nashville has become a MOMMY Village that treats all residents as children, like those states on the left coast.

Slow:
If you do indeed live in Washington you have more regulations to be concerned with than any simple Gun controls. Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Idaho, and Utah were all on my list of states to investigate for suitability of a retirement location. The Left Coast failed the examination. I guess if you degrade other states you will feel better about your own states failings. I had a choice where I would retire and I spent time investigating specific regions as the regions sometimes cross state lines. What restrictions I found here on a city county and state level were minor when compared to the Left Coast in general. I do admit that central and western Tennessee did not make my short list of top ten sub regions.

T

TN-treefrmr

Kwik

I found additional information posted by Kwik:
One of the reasons the State suspended my Tennessee handgun carry permit was because they said I open carried in Costco and became irrate. I tried to subpoena the video and Costco says it does not exist. I wonder what type of system they have.

But this is interesting because Costco has always had a ban on carrying firearms in their stores whether open or concealed and Kwik agreed to that as a condition of his membership according to Costco company policy which I found here.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3414&d=1280356964
As a former resident of Las Vegas I was reading about the shooting at Costco there and found the link as others falsely believe prohibiting weapons on private property is against their so called rights.

If that was why Kwik's permit was rescinded then the loss was justified and the restraining order is just along with the BOLO.
What is your next brilliant move to prove you are a law abiding citizen and respect other people's property.

T

TN-treefrmr

I was delayed posting the last instalment as I had to clean of my monitor while attempting to read Kwik's claim about his Costco incident. I had just taken a drink of my soda!

Last edited:

HvyMtl

Kwik, since the city code you are discussing has not been enforced, probably in the last 100 years, an attempt to enforce it now would be quickly ended by the Courts.

Also, where in such code does it say a REPRODUCTION is valid? It states specific firearms types, not reproductions thereof...

The big issue here is you violated the law in Brentwood by going into a known GUN FREE ZONE (which still is valid law, as it has not been contested and proven UnConstitutional...) by carrying in a Public Library.

You violated the law by carrying in the Costco, as you signed an agreement not to (ample legal notice by the property owner / leasor) and did anyway.

Either of these acts removes your privilege to carry, under the law.

Thanks for being the Poster Child for the Anti-carry groups around here. Due to you, they now have ammunition to go after the laws recently passed to allow more carry...

Shame on you. Take your EGO and go away.

Last edited:

RussP

...4. Rumor has it that Kwik boasted of carrying in city parks where do not carry was posted and he took pictures of the signs and posted them on the net as he was provoking the authorities...
kwikrnu said:
There are several Williamson County and Brentwood City parks near my house. I drove around for about an hour photographing the signs at these parks.

Williamson County Parks

Grassland park is posted at all entrances with 12x18 signs which do not meet code.

Williamson County Rec center in Brentwood is posted at both entrances with 12x18 signs which do not meet code.

Brentwood City

Deerwood Arboreum and Nature Area is posted with a complying sign about 150 yards into the park.

Crockett park is posted at the entrance with a complying sign.

Granny White park is posted at the entrance with a complying sign.

Concord road civitan park is not posted at the Concord road entrance. There is a small 10x18 sign right before the walking bridge about 50 yards from the parking lot.

Tower park is posted at the main parking lot with a large complying sign, but the Concord Rd. walk-in entrance is only posted with a small 10x18 sign.

River park is posted with a complying sign at the entrance.

This?

RussP

...3. Walking down the Median of Belle Meade Blvd ... The walking on the median is considered unlawful in most cities I have been in but I understand Belle Meade can follow its own path on this. ....
From my research, the Belle Meade Blvd median is a popular walking/running venue with no restrictions other than persons doing so must wear reflective clothing.

T

TN-treefrmr

Belle Meade BLVD

Most real cities do not allow pedestrian traffic on their medians as it is safer to walk on the sidewalks or where there are no sidewalks to walk on the side of the road towards oncoming traffic. On a median one would be constantly competing with traffic that is making turns. It appears that Kwik decided to provoke a response in a "City" That does not require citizens to follow the current laws such as wearing reflective vests at night on this median. That is sort of a standard law in areas that have streets without sidewalks. The need to wear reflective clothing and or some type of lighting for any traffic at night and not just pedestrians is probably a state law that was also adopted by the city as a method to reduce accidents. That particular law covers the city in case someone not wearing reflective material does get hit. The city is not at fault if you do not follow the law, although there have been cases where cities have been taken to court as being delinquent for not enforcing a law that lead to some one being killed. I have read about cases where people rant about being ticketed for jay walking, claiming the police should have better things to do than protect someone from their self without realizing the city was probably sued in the past because someone that jay walked was killed and the jury found the city did not enforce the jay walking law. Hopefully Kwik will be required to pay for all costs the government entities incur involved in his litigious activities and his activist demonstrations. He should also be required to pay restitution for all police calls he induced by his activities.
People do not see a need to take responsibility for their own actions. The laws for no carry in certain public places were passed because of actions such a Kwik's and places of business have decided to restrict weapons in the best interest of their customers because of actions such as Kwik's and the guy in Las Vegas who got himself shot for carrying in a no carry store. That guy was in the wrong to start with and the outcome was of his own making. If he had followed store policy rather than think he was entitled to some sort of privilege he would have just been asked to leave if in fact he was acting erratic as was indicated on the 911 recording.
Kwik's obituary can read that he was attempting to abide by a law that was passed in the 1700s and no longer observed when he was struck by a Mac truck.

T

TN-treefrmr

44 CAL Army revolver

This:
106368_ts.JPG

Being carried in the hand even if pointed towards the ground can not be mistaken for a hand gun being properly carried in a Holster
j28j28.jpg

s7_227397_imageset_01

safariland_speedloader_002_holster_shop.jpg

I believe the rules of this web site reference this issue.

Last edited:

Grassroots

Oh goodness. What do you know... deleted information by Kwik. Happy now Slow? Wait no, of course not. You will ignore this most likely and come up with some bright excuse followed by the quick personal (off topic) attack. All of which the admin ignore and let you remain. Shame.

slowfiveoh

Oh goodness. What do you know... deleted information by Kwik. Happy now Slow? Wait no, of course not. You will ignore this most likely and come up with some bright excuse followed by the quick personal (off topic) attack. All of which the admin ignore and let you remain. Shame.

All this while people sharing your outlook make insinuations in their most heated, vein popping, directional manner, that I have somehow threatened someone.

That way they can vilify me too!

Surely it's me. I am the one defiling character here.

Never forget that I was immediately labeled as the "Next Nidal Hasan" by a fear mongering 2nd Amendment hater for simply entertaining the idea that Leonard was legit and within the law.

What a bunch of little babies.

You do know he was specifically checking the legality of the signs, as well as carrying in areas where it was not prohibited. Right?

Can you please show me where this activity is illegal?

Do you believe presence of the signs, makes the act illegal?

by kwikrnu on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:43 am
What does a sign mean?

The Legislature in Public Chapter 428 Section 1(i) states, "Persons possessing a handgun, who are authorized to carry such
handgun pursuant to § 39-17-1351, while within or on a public park, natural area,
historic park, nature trail, campground, forest, greenway, waterway or other
similar public place that is owned or operated by the state, a county, a
municipality or instrumentality thereof, except as otherwise provided in
subsection (d);"

The Legislature in Public Chaper 428 Section 2(e)(1) says, "Because signage prohibiting the possessing of firearms while
within or on a public park, natural area, historic park, nature trail,
campground, forest, greenway, waterway or other similar public place that
is owned or operated by the state, or instrumentality thereof, and posted
pursuant to § 39-17-1311, prior to July 1, 2009, remains necessary for
visitors who are not authorized to carry a firearm pursuant to subsection
(b), the department shall not replace or change any existing signs that
prohibit firearms or erect any new signs at existing state areas relative to
firearms. However, the department may replace or repair signs that have
been damaged or are scheduled for replacement in accordance with the
park’s regular replacement schedule."

So, signs may be present on State Park property, but those with handgun carry permits may ignore the signs.

In the same way we can ignore signs in State Parks, we should ignore signs which do not meet the State size requirements.

kwikrnu Posts: 161Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:53 pm
HRMMMMMM

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
I delete pictures all of the time, the pics are just guns prohibited signs. As a result of my "investigation" Williamson County "fixed" their undersize signs. When I have time and after I get my handgun permit back Brentwood will be sued for their unconstitutional gun ban and in that lawsuit I will also challenge their ban of guns in parks.