• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked out of the DMV

Sabotage70

imported post

I go into the DMV on Flamingo and within minutes I'm meet by the security guard. He tells me that I can't have my gun inside. I told him and his manager that had come over I can and that the NRS posted is for CC and not for OC. Instead of getting into a pi$$ing match and the fact that the DMV was a madhouse I decided to leave and go to the one in Pahrump.

I got my 30 day pass on my Jeep that I just bought but my son forgot his glasses. He passed his written but failed his eye exam. :banghead:

2 1/2 hours in the DMV and not a word on my sidearm.

I have a line pass for my son. So when I go back to the DMV. I will be armed with a copy of the NRS that is posted and I will get into a pi$$ing match.

0616001207.jpg

28kfps

imported post

I will never understand the thought process of a business putting up a sign telling a person who never follows any laws they cannot bring a gun in. May be the thought is the sign has magical powers which engulfs the lawbreaker with an overwhelming urge to comply as they walk past it.

M

McX

imported post

well, the reasons they don't want you to carry a firearm into the dmv are obvious: this may intimidate them!they wouldn't be able to treat you poorly, provide poor service, charge excessive fees, cover you with forms to fill out, and make you wait for hours on end. i would speak more of this, but it's my break now, please get back in line, and move to the next available window.

aadvark

imported post

Actually, pursuant to NRS 202.3673, you can Carry a Firearm into The Nevada DMV! Always Carry Firearms Openly while in Public Buildings throughout Nevada, less Schools and Nevada Institutions of Higer Learning.

NRS 202.3673 only bars Concealed Firearms from being in Public Buildings, unless you are authorized under the same Law.

Nevada carrier

imported post

I hate how they put a statute on a sign thats not written in accordance with the statute cited.

The sign should read,

Pursuant to Nevada Revised Statute 202.3673, no concealed firearms are allowed in this building.

If you're talking about the DMV at Flamingo and Cimaron, there is a security guard there, very slender, very dark complected (possibly of Native American or Indian decent), with black spiked hair. I specifically asked him why the sign does not read the same as the law. His response was:

I don't know word for word what the law says, but [he] knows there are no firearms allowed in the DMV because thats what his boss told [him]

Sabotage70

imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
I hate how they put a statute on a sign thats not written in accordance with the statute cited.

The sign should read,

Pursuant to Nevada Revised Statute 202.3673, no concealed firearms are allowed in this building.

If you're talking about the DMV at Flamingo and Cimaron, there is a security guard there, very slender, very dark complected (possibly of Native American or Indian decent), with black spiked hair. I specifically asked him why the sign does not read the same as the law. His response was:

I don't know word for word what the law says, but [he] knows there are no firearms allowed in the DMV because thats what his boss told [him]
I don't think it was him. But when I go in there this sat. I'll have a copy of the law with me with CC highlighted. I didn't bother fighting it at that time because I heard the Pahrump DMV was a lot quicker. Boy where they wrong about that.

Sabotage70

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
You might get better luck writing to the actual DMV headquarters in Carson City, they should then pass the proper information down to the local office in question.
Pahrump had no problem with me OC. They didn't even have those stupid signs on the door.

paintsnow

imported post

Those signs werent there a couple weeks ago when i was, and no security approached me. No comments from anyone.

Nevada carrier

imported post

paintsnow wrote:
Those signs werent there a couple weeks ago when i was, and no security approached me. No comments from anyone.

So what you are essentially saying there is there is a firearms ban in place according to the security personnel however the fact that you were able to enter while openly displaying a firearm, conduct your business and leave unnoticed means that the DMV security personnel can not possibly enforce it with any certainty of effectiveness?

paintsnow

imported post

Cant really ban firearms in a public building. Also, looks like the "ban" was not in place a couple weeks ago since there were no signs up at any of the doors.

Sabotage70

imported post

Went back today. Pretty uneventful this time. Sense we had the line pass we where in and out in just over 30 minutes. No security guard in there to stop me 30 foot inside the door. I got a few looks but other than that no problem.

It's amazing what happens when the kid brings his glasses for the eye exam.:monkey

Now how I feel about one of my kids that much closer to getting his license.:uhoh:

And what it's going to do to may insurance.:banghead:

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Make sure you put your GFZ sticker on the car so the road test leo will leave
their gun inside and not get in your car with it.
Best guess it is to stop the young drivers from shooting at the Shooting
OK beyond this point sign. What young first timer can resist putting their
own hole in it? Practically a mandate for passage to adulthood.
"Yep that hole is mine and I put it there with a cop in the other seat."
What child wouldn't want those bragging rights.:p

Be thankful they can't rewrite the law like they did rewrite the driving test to
stop other like me who follow instructions. Yes I ruined it for the rest of
you, and for that I am sorry, but if they didn't want me doing 90+ in the parking
lot they shouldn't make the driving exam say to go as fast as you can, I did.:shock:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

28kfps wrote:
I will never understand the thought process of a business putting up a sign telling a person who never follows any laws they cannot bring a gun in. May be the thought is the sign has magical powers which engulfs the lawbreaker with an overwhelming urge to comply as they walk past it.
No, they don't think it'll actually help.

They just like to advertise their hatred. It's an ego thing.