Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You ain't gonna believe this one! Schnucks pulled the signs!

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

http://www.kmox.com/schnucks-allows-...stores/7473785

The boycotts have made a difference.

Under no circumstances will I begin shopping there myself, they gave 25k to fight CCW and I have a five times payback rule.

When Schnucks gives 125k to 2a causes I will again shop there.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman Universityís School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Post imported post

At least they removed the signs.
    I will not agree with you all the time, deal with it. CASE CLOSED.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

Yep I am impressed.

I might have to change my mind if Doc decides when he is done with the Starbucks to shift his focus. I know a lot of them had the mini seating areas where one could buy a cup of coffee or soda and sit a spell.

It would be kinda hard for them to just instantly reverse such a public decision and slap em back up when no illegal activities were taking place.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman Universityís School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Post imported post

They allow CCW, not OC. Right ?

Post imported post

YuppieDog wrote:
    The "no weapons" signs, apparently, are coming down. I guess one of you guys that lives close to a Schnucks store will have to find out.......

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

YuppieDog wrote:
    I do not see anything that says they restrict it in the article, they only speak about CCW.

They might not be OC friendly just yet but the article does not say so at all. Spokeswoman Lori Willis says company executives decided that after years of prohibiting legal weapons from being carried in their stores, "it just wasn't an issue, and that those who are licenced to carry concealed weapons, should be allowed to do so."
    This paragraph says to me, legal weapons are ok and if you have a license you may carry your weapon, it does not define how you have to carry it.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

I think it might be wise to think on this one a bit. I ain't no body's boss, but I don't want to see em pushed back the other way. I have an idea I am gonna run by Doc and see if he likes it.

Post imported post

cshoff wrote:
    The "no weapons" signs, apparently, are coming down.¬* I guess one of you guys that lives close to a Schnucks store will have to find out.......
    wha?! no long drawn out debate on the difference between OC and CC and what in fact the schnucks signs REALLY meant!?

:what::what:

now what am I supposed to do with all this popcorn?:?:celebrate:quirky

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

http://www.stlbeacon.org/content/view/103130/143/

More info with comments from founder of missouricarry

Post imported post

cshoff wrote:
    YuppieDog wrote:
    The "no weapons" signs, apparently, are coming down. I guess one of you guys that lives close to a Schnucks store will have to find out.......
    Even before I was aware of Schnucks' donations against CCW, I carried there. It's not like they can stop you if they don't know you're packing.

Now, I'll OC there.

Post imported post

nrepuyan wrote:
    cshoff wrote:
    wha?! no long drawn out debate on the difference between OC and CC and what in fact the schnucks signs REALLY meant!?

:what::what:

now what am I supposed to do with all this popcorn?:?:celebrate:quirky
    Why the attitude? We're discussing Schnucks policy here, not state laws.

Post imported post

If you all don't play nice, I will turn this forum around. :what:

Post imported post

cash50 wrote:
    cshoff wrote:
    YuppieDog wrote:
    Even before I was aware of Schnucks' donations against CCW, I carried there. It's not like they can stop you if they don't know you're packing.

Now, I'll OC there.
    The fact that they donated is the very reason why I've not spent my money with them for the past 10 years. I prefer to do business with businesses who respect my right to defend myself, rather than to defy their wishes just because I can.

Post imported post

cshoff wrote:
    cash50 wrote:
    cshoff wrote:
    YuppieDog wrote:

Now, I'll OC there.
    The fact that they donated is the very reason why I've not spent my money with them for the past 10 years. I prefer to do business with businesses who respect my right to defend myself, rather than to defy their wishes just because I can.
    And you live 20 miles from the closest store. :celebrate

Post imported post

Am I the only person who never saw them? I must have carried there a trillion times never giving it a second's notice. Of course, I don't go out of my way to look for the signs, either.

Post imported post

cshoff wrote:
    cash50 wrote:
    cshoff wrote:
    YuppieDog wrote:

Now, I'll OC there.
    I also have the preference, just always thought it was funny businesses putting up meaningless signs.

Post imported post

YuppieDog wrote:
    cshoff wrote:
    cash50 wrote:
    cshoff wrote:
    YuppieDog wrote:

Now, I'll OC there.
    And you live 20 miles from the closest store. :celebrate
    Actually, it's about 45 minutes each way to the Schnucks in Jefferson City, which is the closest store to me. Kinda ironic, but the Jeff City Schnucks store has never been posted. The one in Washington, on the other hand, has had the big, blatant, anti-gun signs up for years.

Post imported post

mofalloncarry wrote:
    Am I the only person who never saw them? I must have carried there a trillion times never giving it a second's notice. Of course, I don't go out of my way to look for the signs, either.
    don't know how you could have missed em...they were kinda huge...

one would think it would be highly advisable to pay attention to if there is signage in place...especially if it doesn't meet the legal specs....so when you get harassed you can point that out to them...while you flip them the bird.

Post imported post

nrepuyan wrote:
    mofalloncarry wrote:
    don't know how you could have missed em...they were kinda huge...

one would think it would be highly advisable to pay attention to if there is signage in place...especially if it doesn't meet the legal specs....so when you get harassed you can point that out to them...while you flip them the bird.
    The signs at the Washington, MO Schnucks definitely qualified as "huge". I'd guess they were nearly 24"X24" in size.

Post imported post

cash50 wrote:
    I also have the preference, just always thought it was funny businesses putting up meaningless signs.
    ummm cash...the unfortunate fact is tho currently...they actually do have meaning...and while they may not land you a felony...can take some money out of your pocket if you refuse to leave said premises with said "meaningless signs". on top of that...i'm sure some LEO's would love to tack on disturbing the peace and trespass as well...

....cancers on the other hand would never do such a thing...:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

cshoff wrote:
    The signs at the Washington, MO Schnucks definitely qualified as "huge".¬* I'd guess they were nearly 24"X24" in size.¬*
    dude some here are outrageous as well...they might as well just wrote F YOU in big bold letters with how big some were...

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

cshoff wrote:
    To me, it is deeper than that. Schnucks donated money to suppress legal citizens rights, they have admitted they were wrong, they need to step up to the plate and donate a huge wad of cash to assist in undoing the other laws that impede and suppress the rights of legal citizens before I care to conduct business with them again. If they donate $125,000.00 to try and restore the rights of legal persons, I will shift business back to them and not before.

This is indeed how I see it. Everyone can make a mistake, when you make one on purpose, you have to make up for it five times over to restore faith and your honor. They gave 25k to try and prevent us from restoring our own rights, who do they think they are to tell others what to do.

Post imported post

LMTD wrote:
    ...who do they think they are to tell others what to do.
    "they" are no different than those who elected our completely 100% without a doubt legal "US Citizen" president to office ...that's who "they" are...

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

nrepuyan wrote:
    LMTD wrote:
    ...who do they think they are to tell others what to do.
    "they" are no different than those who elected our completely 100% without a doubt legal "US Citizen" president to office ...that's who "they" are...
    LOL it was rhetorical really.

Post imported post

LMTD wrote:
    LOL it was rhetorical really.
    don't mind me, i'm foreign...lolz:celebrate:celebrate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast