• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You ain't gonna believe this one! Schnucks pulled the signs!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

cshoff wrote:
The fact that they donated is the very reason why I've not spent my money with them for the past 10 years. I prefer to do business with businesses who respect my right to defend myself, rather than to defy their wishes just because I can.
To me, it is deeper than that. Schnucks donated money to suppress legal citizens rights, they have admitted they were wrong, they need to step up to the plate and donate a huge wad of cash to assist in undoing the other laws that impede and suppress the rights of legal citizens before I care to conduct business with them again. If they donate $125,000.00 to try and restore the rights of legal persons, I will shift business back to them and not before.

This is indeed how I see it. Everyone can make a mistake, when you make one on purpose, you have to make up for it five times over to restore faith and your honor. They gave 25k to try and prevent us from restoring our own rights, who do they think they are to tell others what to do.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

nrepuyan wrote:
LMTD wrote:
...who do they think they are to tell others what to do.

"they" are no different than those who elected our completely 100% without a doubt legal "US Citizen" president to office :uhoh::uhoh::uhoh: ...that's who "they" are...
LOL it was rhetorical really.

nrepuyan

imported post

no...

...THIS is a pot stirrer...

2488405020_b270fd88bc_o.jpg

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

LOL

you can try as you might to bait me but I am not going to bite, even if you are a master at it!

:what:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

In all seriousness, lets stop littering this thread as this is good stuff.

A huge advocate for gun control has backed down a little, this is a small check in the win column for those of us in the fight for our rights and I know we are both big advocates to get changes like this.

Mo

Banned
imported post

LMTD wrote:
http://www.kmox.com/schnucks-allows-conceal-carry-in-stores/7473785

The boycotts have made a difference.

Under no circumstances will I begin shopping there myself, they gave 25k to fight CCW and I have a five times payback rule.

When Schnucks gives 125k to 2a causes I will again shop there.

I understand what you're saying, but sometimes people and organizations change their minds. In this case, that's a good thing.

Lots of people were against the idea of CCW and as state by state passed the legislation, the fears never really came true and it looks like Schuncks has seen that.

Isn't a big part of the pro 2A movement to win the hearts and minds of folks that are either anti or indifferent?

cash50

imported post

nrepuyan wrote:
cash50 wrote:
I also have the preference, just always thought it was funny businesses putting up meaningless signs.

ummm cash...the unfortunate fact is tho currently...they actually do have meaning...and while they may not land you a felony...can take some money out of your pocket if you refuse to leave said premises with said "meaningless signs". on top of that...i'm sure some LEO's would love to tack on disturbing the peace and trespass as well...

....cancers on the other hand would never do such a thing...:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
ummmm, they have no meaning.

even without signs, someone could tell you to leave a business, for any reason -say you wore a Cubs shirt- and if you didn't it would be trespassing.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

cash50 wrote:
nrepuyan wrote:
cash50 wrote:
I also have the preference, just always thought it was funny businesses putting up meaningless signs.

ummm cash...the unfortunate fact is tho currently...they actually do have meaning...and while they may not land you a felony...can take some money out of your pocket if you refuse to leave said premises with said "meaningless signs". on top of that...i'm sure some LEO's would love to tack on disturbing the peace and trespass as well...

....cancers on the other hand would never do such a thing...:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

even without signs, someone could tell you to leave a business, for any reason -say you wore a Cubs shirt- and if you didn't it would be trespassing.
As I posted in the news section above:

This is the response I gave the reporter whom asked a similar question.

When Schnucks donates $125,000.00 to groups that have worked tirelessly for law abiding citizens not to have their civil rights violated I will consider shopping there again. This is exactly five times as much as they contributed to suppress law abiding citizens rights and nothing less will do for me.

It is not a matter of forgiving, it is a matter of doing whats right. The contribution they made was for the wrong reason, I am happy they are now clearly admitting it, now it is time for them to step up and help us work to continue to remove the laws clearly imposing upon only legal citizens as the criminals have never cared about any of the laws to start with.

This is my opinion and mine alone,

nrepuyan

imported post

cash50 wrote:

the fact the statute lists the specifications for said posted signage...in fact gives them meaning.

someone asking you to leave without a sign is completely unrelated to the sign issue of the OP.

cshoff

imported post

nrepuyan wrote:
the fact the statute lists the specifications for said posted signage...in fact gives them meaning.

someone asking you to leave without a sign is completely unrelated to the sign issue of the OP.
Might make a good topic for a different thread, but in reality, the signs don't really mean all that much. The law is very clear in the fact that it is not a criminal offense to walk right on in past a "posted" sign. If you fail to leave when asked, whether there is a sign present or not, it's trespassing.

To me, the biggest thing those signs mean is, "Don't Spend Your Money Here. Anti-Gun, Anti-2nd Amendment Business At Work".

Broondog

imported post

the Schnucks in Festus never was posted, at least as far i had ever seen. i went there tonite for a specific item that i can't find elsewhere and specifically looked for an obvious place where a sign may have been previously but could not find anything out of place.

i wasn't carrying tonite but i have OC'd in that store before with no real issues (i believe security was called once and called off as i was exiting the store....not for sure though).

i don't go there often anyway except for specific chili fixins. either way they go makes me no nevermind...personally.

YuppieDog

imported post

cshoff wrote:
To me, the biggest thing those signs mean is, "Don't Spend Your Money Here. Anti-Gun, Anti-2nd Amendment Business At Work".

I think Chris's post says it all.

Use our own money to state our 2nd Amendment position.

STL Wolf

Wentzville Schnucks

Well, someone at corporate forgot to tell the Wentzville store that Concealed carry is permitted. The stupid political sign is still pasted on the front door. I shall continue to avoid Schnucks and got to Dierbergs or Wally World.

STL Wolf (in Wentzville)