• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You ain't gonna believe this one! Schnucks pulled the signs!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Yep I am impressed.

I might have to change my mind if Doc decides when he is done with the Starbucks to shift his focus. I know a lot of them had the mini seating areas where one could buy a cup of coffee or soda and sit a spell.

It would be kinda hard for them to just instantly reverse such a public decision and slap em back up when no illegal activities were taking place.

cshoff

imported post

YuppieDog wrote:
They allow CCW, not OC. Right ?
The "no weapons" signs, apparently, are coming down. I guess one of you guys that lives close to a Schnucks store will have to find out....... ;)

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

YuppieDog wrote:
I do not see anything that says they restrict it in the article, they only speak about CCW.

They might not be OC friendly just yet but the article does not say so at all. Spokeswoman Lori Willis says company executives decided that after years of prohibiting legal weapons from being carried in their stores, "it just wasn't an issue, and that those who are licenced to carry concealed weapons, should be allowed to do so."
This paragraph says to me, legal weapons are ok and if you have a license you may carry your weapon, it does not define how you have to carry it.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I think it might be wise to think on this one a bit. I ain't no body's boss, but I don't want to see em pushed back the other way. I have an idea I am gonna run by Doc and see if he likes it.

nrepuyan

imported post

cshoff wrote:
The "no weapons" signs, apparently, are coming down.  I guess one of you guys that lives close to a Schnucks store will have to find out....... ;)

wha?! no long drawn out debate on the difference between OC and CC and what in fact the schnucks signs REALLY meant!?

:what::what:

now what am I supposed to do with all this popcorn?:?:dude::lol::celebrate:monkey:quirky

cash50

imported post

cshoff wrote:
YuppieDog wrote:
The "no weapons" signs, apparently, are coming down. I guess one of you guys that lives close to a Schnucks store will have to find out....... ;)

Even before I was aware of Schnucks' donations against CCW, I carried there. It's not like they can stop you if they don't know you're packing.

Now, I'll OC there.

cshoff

imported post

nrepuyan wrote:
cshoff wrote:

wha?! no long drawn out debate on the difference between OC and CC and what in fact the schnucks signs REALLY meant!?

:what::what:

now what am I supposed to do with all this popcorn?:?:dude::lol::celebrate:monkey:quirky
Why the attitude? We're discussing Schnucks policy here, not state laws.

cshoff

imported post

cash50 wrote:
cshoff wrote:
YuppieDog wrote:

Even before I was aware of Schnucks' donations against CCW, I carried there. It's not like they can stop you if they don't know you're packing.

Now, I'll OC there.
The fact that they donated is the very reason why I've not spent my money with them for the past 10 years. I prefer to do business with businesses who respect my right to defend myself, rather than to defy their wishes just because I can.

YuppieDog

imported post

cshoff wrote:
cash50 wrote:
cshoff wrote:
YuppieDog wrote:

Now, I'll OC there.
The fact that they donated is the very reason why I've not spent my money with them for the past 10 years. I prefer to do business with businesses who respect my right to defend myself, rather than to defy their wishes just because I can.
And you live 20 miles from the closest store. :celebrate

silo

imported post

Am I the only person who never saw them? I must have carried there a trillion times never giving it a second's notice. Of course, I don't go out of my way to look for the signs, either.

cash50

imported post

cshoff wrote:
cash50 wrote:
cshoff wrote:
YuppieDog wrote:

Now, I'll OC there.
I also have the preference, just always thought it was funny businesses putting up meaningless signs.

cshoff

imported post

YuppieDog wrote:
cshoff wrote:
cash50 wrote:
cshoff wrote:
YuppieDog wrote:

Now, I'll OC there.
And you live 20 miles from the closest store. :celebrate
Actually, it's about 45 minutes each way to the Schnucks in Jefferson City, which is the closest store to me. Kinda ironic, but the Jeff City Schnucks store has never been posted. The one in Washington, on the other hand, has had the big, blatant, anti-gun signs up for years.

nrepuyan

imported post

mofalloncarry wrote:
Am I the only person who never saw them? I must have carried there a trillion times never giving it a second's notice. Of course, I don't go out of my way to look for the signs, either.

don't know how you could have missed em...they were kinda huge...

one would think it would be highly advisable to pay attention to if there is signage in place...especially if it doesn't meet the legal specs....so when you get harassed you can point that out to them...while you flip them the bird. :cuss::banghead:

cshoff

imported post

nrepuyan wrote:
mofalloncarry wrote:

don't know how you could have missed em...they were kinda huge...

one would think it would be highly advisable to pay attention to if there is signage in place...especially if it doesn't meet the legal specs....so when you get harassed you can point that out to them...while you flip them the bird. :cuss::banghead:
The signs at the Washington, MO Schnucks definitely qualified as "huge". I'd guess they were nearly 24"X24" in size.

nrepuyan

imported post

cash50 wrote:
I also have the preference, just always thought it was funny businesses putting up meaningless signs.

ummm cash...the unfortunate fact is tho currently...they actually do have meaning...and while they may not land you a felony...can take some money out of your pocket if you refuse to leave said premises with said "meaningless signs". on top of that...i'm sure some LEO's would love to tack on disturbing the peace and trespass as well...

....cancers on the other hand would never do such a thing...:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate