• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Multi-state anti grocery chain changes mind, Schnucks pulled the signs

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Yes, that one sort of came at me from afar as well. The original intent was in refrence to buildings the state leases but having it reversed like that was not an expected thought.

TFred

imported post

LMTD wrote:
Yes, that one sort of came at me from afar as well. The original intent was in refrence to buildings the state leases but having it reversed like that was not an expected thought.

It's particularly bizarre, because here in Virginia, it's just the opposite. Generally, State or City/County owned buildings are not allowed to prohibit firearms, unless in specific compliance with a state law. We tend to hash out whether or not third parties are allowed to ban firearms when they lease public space at a park, etc, for an event.

TFred

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

LMTD wrote:
While I understand your point, you are in fact not in the area so you are not familiar with the company.

While it may be incorporated, the Schnuck family runs it and if you think for a moment it is anything beyond the soft economy and realizing they bit off their nose to spite their face, IMHO you are wrong.

Only time will tell and your point is noted and respected, but not agreed with.
It could be the soft economy or any number of other reasons. I'm sure they're like family businesses all over the country, are probably hurting to some extentand are there for mostly 1 reason, to make money.Regardless of the reason though, I doubt I'd continue to punish them - it's too historic of an occasion(a company going from donating large sums of money to the anti's to allowing me to carry is historic)and I'll try to give them everyreason to not change back when the anti-zealots start their boycott.But then, that's just me. :)