Thread: Pat Yourself On The Back Kirbinator

Post imported post

And all the others who sent emails to Crimestoppers, they took down the reference to 13A-11-52 sometime today (I looked back at about 8:45 pm) Congrats, Congrats!

http://www.hsvareacrimestoppers.org/gun.html

Post imported post

Well guys they put it back up this morning. Guess this means they have a lawyer who can't read, or doesn't understand the law.

Post imported post

I just check at 9:20 and don't see it on there.... Maybe it pulled it from your cache, hit your refresh button....

Post imported post

Dianosis wrote:
    I just check at 9:20 and don't see it on there.... Maybe it pulled it from your cache, hit your refresh button....
    That was the problem. Thanks

Banned

Post imported post

What did the reference to -52 say?

Post imported post

Crime Stoppers wants to keep Guns out of Schools..., but they probably never read The Official Code of Alabama 1975 13A-11-72(e).

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    What did the reference to -52 say?
    It just simply quoted -52 , and not in whole asI remember. There was no explaination whatever of the law, not even a misrepresentation, beyond what would be implied by looking at the site, adding 1 and 1 and coming up with 3. the uninformed would have certainly taken the quote as meaning one couldn't even carry a handgun off thier own property, that only the "Only Ones" could do that...

Post imported post

aadvark wrote:
    Crime Stoppers wants to keep Guns out of Schools..., but they probably never read The Official Code of Alabama 1975 13A-11-72(e).

aadvark, you cn go to www.alabamaopencarry.com/forum and click on the general topics and see my letter to them and to the WAFF general manager. I did reference -72(e). IIRC there was a federal lawsuit that struck down the "no carry on school grounds" for CCL permitee's, but I can't recall the case name. Do you know? They had actually posted that peice of the US code as well. I don't think this will go away. Anti-gun sentiment, discredited though it may be, is virulent in the mainstream media. I've no doubt they will approach it from a new angle.