• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pat Yourself On The Back Kirbinator

JohnH

imported post

Well guys they put it back up this morning. Guess this means they have a lawyer who can't read, or doesn't understand the law.

Dianosis

imported post

I just check at 9:20 and don't see it on there.... Maybe it pulled it from your cache, hit your refresh button....

JohnH

imported post

Dianosis wrote:
I just check at 9:20 and don't see it on there.... Maybe it pulled it from your cache, hit your refresh button....
That was the problem. Thanks

aadvark

imported post

Crime Stoppers wants to keep Guns out of Schools..., but they probably never read The Official Code of Alabama 1975 13A-11-72(e).

JohnH

imported post

eye95 wrote:
What did the reference to -52 say?
It just simply quoted -52 , and not in whole asI remember. There was no explaination whatever of the law, not even a misrepresentation, beyond what would be implied by looking at the site, adding 1 and 1 and coming up with 3. the uninformed would have certainly taken the quote as meaning one couldn't even carry a handgun off thier own property, that only the "Only Ones" could do that...

JohnH

imported post

aadvark wrote:
Crime Stoppers wants to keep Guns out of Schools..., but they probably never read The Official Code of Alabama 1975 13A-11-72(e).
aadvark, you cn go to www.alabamaopencarry.com/forum and click on the general topics and see my letter to them and to the WAFF general manager. I did reference -72(e). IIRC there was a federal lawsuit that struck down the "no carry on school grounds" for CCL permitee's, but I can't recall the case name. Do you know? They had actually posted that peice of the US code as well. I don't think this will go away. Anti-gun sentiment, discredited though it may be, is virulent in the mainstream media. I've no doubt they will approach it from a new angle.