Thread: a 69 VW Bus, a Gun and Lees Summit LEOs

Post imported post

Went to the park today with my little girl, with our new VW Camper and some soccer mom called the cops, LOL

The LEO was very nice and very cool, I let him run me and then we talked about the bus and we started talking OC, he said he is very pro 2a, but there was a call, he had to make contact, he was very respectful,

He did try to push that the city has rules with the parks but I stopped him fast, I told him I have spent 2 years researching the OC laws in the area, he tried to talk me into a CCW but I told him OC is easier, and I have all the paperwork for MO and Utah but dont feel the need to spend money for no reason.

all in all is was a good stop, at the end I think 4 cop cars showed up through out the stop, no lights, no sirens, but they moved on when were just BSing

:celebrate

Post imported post

ComSec wrote:
    Went to the park today with my little girl, with our new VW Camper and some soccer mom called the cops, LOL

The LEO was very nice and very cool, I let him run me and then we talked about the bus and we started talking OC, he said he is very pro 2a, but there was a call, he had to make contact, he was very respectful,

He did try to push that the city has rules with the parks but I stopped him fast, I told him I have spent 2 years researching the OC laws in the area, he tried to talk me into a CCW but I told him OC is easier, and I have all the paperwork for MO and Utah but dont feel the need to spend money for no reason.

all in all is was a good stop, at the end I think 4 cop cars showed up through out the stop, no lights, no sirens, but they moved on when were just BSing

:celebrate
    comsec...don't lie....we all know the real reason she called the cops was because of the VW....it's obvious.

..i'm kinda glad i'm not in your area....they seem to be a lil uptight there...almost as much as metro is here..

Post imported post

Let's see pics of the bus!

(VW geek here..)

-Adam

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

No criminal is going to cruise in a VW bus, high speed chase 58 mph! That is why the cop let it go!

Just teasing, don't get upset.

Dub fan here too, more on the bug side though.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Post imported post

Air-cooled in general for me.. I've owned 4 Beetles myself.. never a bus.. but I love 'em all equally.

OT OT.. I know.. sorry sorry sorry...

-Adam

Banned

Post imported post

Did the soccer mom's jaw drop when you weren't hauled in??

Post imported post

The soccer mom had already left the park

1969 Westfalia 0-60 in 5 minutes

Post imported post

Total and utter VW sweetness!

Post imported post

I just put her up for sale (to buy a 78) LOL but she is nice

Post imported post

OOPS WRONG FORUM LOL

McX

Post imported post

ComSec, great VW pics. brought back memories of how we used ours to camp all over the us, and guys back in the day even took them off roading. changed many an engine too. nice to see you got one, and are still rumbling around with it. dancing bananna on your encounter too!:celebrate

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar

Post imported post

ComSec wrote:
    The soccer mom had already left the park

1969 Westfalia 0-60 in 5 minutes

OK so I understand the chock under the back of the tire, but why the front? anti theft device?

Doc

Post imported post

E-Brake if iffy and I dont want to chance it popping out of gear in my neighborhood, better safe then sorry LOL

Post imported post

German engineering!!!
    Former VDub fanatic.
    Then I got a really good career and I could afford a mechanic occasionally :P

Seriously, I had 5 Types I's (3 of them Baja Bugs, last one stolen in Garden City 16 years ago) and a Type 2.

Is there a common thread here? VDubs are vehicles that require a do-it-yourselfer to maintain... and we are all personal security do-it-yourselfers A them of self-reliance here... who on this forum has NOT owned a "people's car"?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln