• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

a 69 VW Bus, a Gun and Lees Summit LEOs

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Went to the park today with my little girl, with our new VW Camper and some soccer mom called the cops, LOL

The LEO was very nice and very cool, I let him run me and then we talked about the bus and we started talking OC, he said he is very pro 2a, but there was a call, he had to make contact, he was very respectful,

He did try to push that the city has rules with the parks but I stopped him fast, I told him I have spent 2 years researching the OC laws in the area, he tried to talk me into a CCW but I told him OC is easier, and I have all the paperwork for MO and Utah but dont feel the need to spend money for no reason.

all in all is was a good stop, at the end I think 4 cop cars showed up through out the stop, no lights, no sirens, but they moved on when were just BSing

:celebrate

nrepuyan

imported post

ComSec wrote:
Went to the park today with my little girl, with our new VW Camper and some soccer mom called the cops, LOL

The LEO was very nice and very cool, I let him run me and then we talked about the bus and we started talking OC, he said he is very pro 2a, but there was a call, he had to make contact, he was very respectful,

He did try to push that the city has rules with the parks but I stopped him fast, I told him I have spent 2 years researching the OC laws in the area, he tried to talk me into a CCW but I told him OC is easier, and I have all the paperwork for MO and Utah but dont feel the need to spend money for no reason.

all in all is was a good stop, at the end I think 4 cop cars showed up through out the stop, no lights, no sirens, but they moved on when were just BSing

:celebrate

comsec...don't lie....we all know the real reason she called the cops was because of the VW....it's obvious. :lol:

..i'm kinda glad i'm not in your area....they seem to be a lil uptight there...almost as much as metro is here..

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

No criminal is going to cruise in a VW bus, high speed chase 58 mph! That is why the cop let it go!

Just teasing, don't get upset.

Dub fan here too, more on the bug side though.

Mo

Banned
imported post

Did the soccer mom's jaw drop when you weren't hauled in?? :D

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The soccer mom had already left the park

1969 Westfalia 0-60 in 5 minutes

IMG_4162.jpg

IMG_4163.jpg

IMG_4164.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

IMG_4166.jpg

IMG_4167.jpg

IMG_4168.jpg

IMG_4169.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg

IMG_4176.jpg

IMG_4177.jpg

M

McX

imported post

ComSec, great VW pics. brought back memories of how we used ours to camp all over the us, and guys back in the day even took them off roading. changed many an engine too. nice to see you got one, and are still rumbling around with it. dancing bananna on your encounter too!:celebrate

peterarthur

imported post

German engineering!!!
Former VDub fanatic.
Then I got a really good career and I could afford a mechanic occasionally :p

Seriously, I had 5 Types I's (3 of them Baja Bugs, last one stolen in Garden City 16 years ago) and a Type 2.

Is there a common thread here? VDubs are vehicles that require a do-it-yourselfer to maintain... and we are all personal security do-it-yourselfers :) A them of self-reliance here... who on this forum has NOT owned a "people's car"?