• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Is You Favorite Place To Buy Guns In Texas?

Jack House

imported post

Like the title says, for those of you that buy your guns from Texas based dealers, who are you favorites and why?

rodbender

imported post

John's Guns in Bastrop, Tx. It's just a Mom and Pop operation and they are extremely friendly. The kind of place you can sit around and insult one another and nobody gets PO'ed.

Jack House

imported post

rodbender wrote:
John's Guns in Bastrop, Tx. It's just a Mom and Pop operation and they are extremely friendly. The kind of place you can sit around and insult one another and nobody gets PO'ed.
Funny you should mention John's, it's the only gun store I've ever been in and I've only been in it once. But I liked the lady that was working the store, she seemed really nice.

Edit: ^That's not counting retail chains like Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Sports Authority, Academy, etc.

TehGruu

imported post

Well, so far here locally in Wacothere's Praco Gun and Pawn. It's more of a gun store with a small pawn shop attached. The people there are pretty friendly and somewhat knowledgable. I like their selection too, I picked up my Sub 2000 from them onFriday. I also like Guns R Us. The old man behind the counter is fun to talk to.

-Gruu

rodbender

imported post

Jack House wrote:
rodbender wrote:
Funny you should mention John's, it's the only gun store I've ever been in and I've only been in it once. But I liked the lady that was working the store, she seemed really nice.

Edit: ^That's not counting retail chains like Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Sports Authority, Academy, etc.
That was BB, John's wife.

Don Tomas

imported post

Jack House wrote:
Like the title says, for those of you that buy your guns from Texas based dealers, who are you favorites and why?

Collector Firearms, Houston, TX. Great service, selection and knowledgable people. As an added bonus lots of collectibles from military uniforms, medals, civil war pistols, patches, books, swords, knoves andof course firearms. If you've never been, then you're missing out.

Don's Guns, San Antonio, TX. Good selection and service and knowledgable staff.

have gun will travel

I like to buy at the gun show i do check the price at different store but the gun show still get my money remember do not shop at texas guns the owner does not think texas should pass open carry