• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is Tim

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hey, thanks for thinking of me, yes I'm still around, been very busy. Work has been crazy. Enjoying the overtime paychecks, especially after having not worked for 9 months last year, but 80 hours a week is killing me! My boss promised me my workload should be reduced within two weeks, possibly as early as next week.

Since my job consists of sitting in front of a computer all night, I've trying to spend as little personal time as possible in front of a computer lately.

When I have a free minute, I do read the forum and I've been staying up to date, but I have been staying out of the discussions on purpose.

I hope to be more active here soon, and hopefully I'll be able to attend the next get together.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just wanted to add that today, June 24, is the 1 year anniversary of my getting detained on Las Vegas Blvd, and what I believe is the birth date of the Las Vegas Police training on Open Carry.

Anyone reading this, please do me a favor -- if you are open carrying today, and see a cop, thank him for his service to the community. I have been involved in other rights-related activities in the last couple of months (I will post about them in the coming weeks) and the LVMPD has demonstrated to me it's professionalism and integrity in correcting mistakes in procedure.

While I still refrain from answering any questions from police, LVMPD has gained some of my trust and respect. And while there is still some progress to be made, I am proud of the progress the department has made so far, and I hope that trend continues.

Now if we could only figure out a way to replace Gillespie...

Tim

drfitz710

imported post

good to hear from you Tim. the next meet up i would like to thank you personally for everything you have done in vegas with the open carry movement. keep me posted when and where thanks again

Sabotage70

imported post

timf343 wrote:
I hope to be more active here soon, and hopefully I'll be able to attend the next get together.
You name the time and place. There was a new member asking about the next meet up. I know I'm going to be busy nights for the next few weeks. But I might be able to do a morning shoot.