Thread: Public Prefers Open Carry over CCW

Post imported post

A new Harris Poll of 2,500 adults, conducted in mid-May and released Wednesday. There's a partisan divide, of course. Currently, 22 percent of Republicans favor stricter laws, compared with 70 percent of Democrats."Large majorities" of the public overall have little problem with gun ownership: 80 percent say Americans should be able to own rifles or shotguns, 74 percent approved of handgun ownership. Half approve "open carry" weapons, 46 percent gave the nod to concealed weapons...
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...way-760027597/

Post imported post

You can review the poll data and questions here:
    http://www.gunreports.com/news/news/...how_comments=1

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

TAKING AIM "significant minorities" approved ownership of an unlimited number of guns (38 percent) and semi-automatic weapons (30 percent). Ninety-two percent, however, do not approve of gun sales to anyone on the FBI's terrorist watch list.
    Tell the whole story.

Post imported post

There is a lot of data in this poll, that's why it is linked.

Post imported post

The same poll shows that 74% approved of handgun ownership but only 30% approved of "semi-automatic weapons".

A lot of this disparity is due to a lack of understanding of what a semi-automatic weapon is. We need to do a better job of educating people.

Post imported post

StogieC wrote:
    The same poll shows that 74% approved of handgun ownership but only 30% approved of "semi-automatic weapons".

A lot of this disparity is due to a lack of understanding of what a semi-automatic weapon is. We need to do a better job of educating people.
    Well, the Brady Campaign has done a marvelous job of misleading the nation about that very topic.

But you're right, the public needs to be taught. I would suggest that someone organize free classes that promise to educate people about firearms and firearm safety in each of the biggest cities. I'm sure there are enough people out their willing to volunteer their time once a month or something to help educate the masses. I would be willing to help out where I am able, unfortunately I do not have the requisite knowledge, experience and expertise to be one of the teachers.

Post imported post

cabbitone wrote:
    StogieC wrote:

Semi-Automatic weapon? Oh you must mean a glock.... you know one of those amazing plastic guns that metal detectors can't see, every gang member has one, and they hold close to a hundred rounds... right?
    No, two hundred rounds At least they didn't make the mistake of calling them "automatic weapons"... They should have asked how many people are in favor of the "scary looking weapon" ban, answers would probably lines up with the brady bill supporters.

Post imported post

Do we conduct a survey to determine our wardrobe, the car we should drive, how many children to have?

I don't ask anyone else to "approve" those things. And I don't ask anyone else if they "approve" of my self defense tool either.

I approve, and that's all that matters as long as I do not use it for aggression.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Post imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
    Do we conduct a survey to determine our wardrobe, the car we should drive, how many children to have?

I don't ask anyone else to "approve" those things. And I don't ask anyone else if they "approve" of my self defense tool either.

I approve, and that's all that matters as long as I do not use it for aggression.
    Complete agree... BTW, a car makes an excellent self defense tool under the right circumstances

Post imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:

Polls are a tool of those trying to control the mindless public.