Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falls man's open carry charge dismissed

Post imported post

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/articl...mp;located=rss

They really need to get this ignorant law off the books.

Banned

Post imported post

I think this will help a get deal in the GFSZ law suit.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    I think this will help a get deal in the GFSZ law suit.
    I agree. I assume the WCI board will notify the attorneys if need be.

Banned

Post imported post

I wonder how much money the city spent trying to convict this guy?

Post imported post

Don't you just love the part"assault-style rifle" wasn't he carrying a 22? Just love the drama.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Banned

Post imported post

johnny amish wrote:
    Don't you just love the part"assault-style rifle" wasn't he carrying a 22? Just love the drama.
    This is why people need to carry hello kitty guns. No one ever got shot by a pink hello kitty gun.

McX

Post imported post

i'm glad to see he got the charges dismissed. it didn't appear to me he met the definition of knowingly entering a school zone. Kudos to the cops, and their tape measures.

Kwick, your just a killin me! har-har-har! I'm gonna slap a smiley face on ol prescious!

Post imported post

They went through too much effort to try to find this guy guilty of possession in a school zone. I'm glad he got off of the charge. Too bad he had to sit in jail for a while.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

So, do you think that the Urinal-Sentinal is going to cover this?
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

McX

Post imported post

yeah, sure, like our local paper appologised to springfield for claiming he baited them.

Post imported post

johnny amish wrote:
    Don't you just love the part*"assault-style rifle" wasn't he carrying a 22?* Just love the drama.
    People who write about guns in the paper need to take the time to learn about guns. Calling something an assault style rifle is nothing more than baiting the anti's. Most of these people don't know the difference between a semi and full auto.

IMO It's not an "assault style" if you can't hold the trigger down and have it keep firing. Otherwise it's simply a semi automatic sporting rifle.

Former Corporal of Marines.

bhancock

Post imported post

Maybe we could coin a new name or phrase. Perhaps we could call them multipurpose sporting rifles, or maybe tactically friendly weather resistant firearms. Easy to maintain, versatile and dependable security devices.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar

Post imported post

Judge L. Edward Stengeland Judge Terry Van Akkeren deserve a big round hand of applause, Common sense prevailsit's sort of like jury nullification.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Post imported post

Why don't we just call them rifles?

Banned

Post imported post

springfield 1911 wrote:
    Judge L. Edward Stengeland Judge Terry Van Akkeren deserve a big round hand of applause, Common sense prevailsit's sort of like jury nullification.
    +1

bhancock

Post imported post

paul@paul-fisher.com wrote:
    We totally understand that and I wasn't super serious about the new names, but on second thought, many of the sheeple are calmed by nice sounding terms. Think about some of the past political movements and how coining new terms kinda glazed it over for people who really didn't want to think about it. These rifles and handguns are part of our safety plan, think about how many controversial things pass at public schools in the name of safety.

Many of the companies would no longer object to firearm carry because it would be part of the safety plan, so they could then tell concerned customers that they allow citizens to carry in the store for the safety and comfort of everyones shopping experience. Problem solved, politically correct, no discrimination.

Post imported post

+1

Not to get off topic but I've had several people tell me that "no one needs an automatic weapon to hunt" I always respond that tend to agree, but some of us like to use a semi automatic rifle for hunting or target shooting. The fact that some of them look at me with a puzzled face as if to say "what do you mean" tells me that the biggest problem with anti's is the lack of education on firearms, and that the media and the anti's before them have done nothing to help the problem. Rifles are rifles and they take standard capacity mags.

I really hate the way media portrays guns and gun owners as if were some kind of barbaric culture who needs to be studied to understand what makes us tick.

Post imported post

Gordo wrote:
    +1

Not to get off topic but I've had several people tell me that "no one needs an automatic weapon to hunt" I always respond that tend to agree, but some of us like to use a semi automatic rifle for hunting or target shooting. The fact that some of them look at me with a puzzled face as if to say "what do you mean" tells me that the biggest problem with anti's is the lack of education on firearms, and that the media and the anti's before them have done nothing to help the problem. Rifles are rifles and they take standard capacity mags.

I really hate the way media portrays guns and gun owners as if were some kind of barbaric culture who needs to be studied to understand what makes us tick.
    The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting at all. It is for the freedom of the people from the government and the people's ability to keep the government safe from foreign invaders.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

protias wrote:
    The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting at all.* It is for the freedom of the people from the government and the people's ability to keep the government safe from foreign invaders.
    Amen Brother!!!

Post imported post

I agree 100% I was just making a point about the lack of brain power among anti gunners.

Post imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
    johnny amish wrote:
    This is why people need to carry hello kitty guns. No one ever got shot by a pink hello kitty gun.
    hahaha. no lie, when I was in afghanistan last year I saw an Air Force woman with hello kitty stickers all over her M16.

Banned

Post imported post

jamesisel wrote:
    kwikrnu wrote:
    johnny amish wrote:
    hahaha. no lie, when I was in afghanistan last year I saw an Air Force woman with hello kitty stickers all over her M16.
    She was air force, does that mean no one ever got shot by a hello kitty gun?

Post imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
    johnny amish wrote:
    http://blog.riflegear.com/archive/20...-cute-and.aspx

Revel in the awesomeness of the "Hello Kitty AR-15"

All in all aside, to me, a rifle is a rifle. Semi or auto makes no difference. I've watched some shooting competitions that are strictly semi only and you would have never know the pistols and rifles, especially the bolt action rifles, were in fact semi.

The current world record revolver shooter, Jerry Miculek, shot 12 rounds in 2.99 seconds. That time includes the time it took him to reload. That may not be up there with the current rpm for today's auto rifles but its still crazy fast for a revolver. Here is the video via youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw
    J.A.Salinas
    "Natural Selection is another way of God telling you you're an idiot"

Post imported post

AdamXD wrote:
    kwikrnu wrote:
    johnny amish wrote:
    http://blog.riflegear.com/archive/20...-cute-and.aspx

Revel in the awesomeness of the "Hello Kitty AR-15"

All in all aside, to me, a rifle is a rifle. Semi or auto makes no difference. I've watched some shooting competitions that are strictly semi only and you would have never know the pistols and rifles, especially the bolt action rifles, were in fact semi.

The current world record revolver shooter, Jerry Miculek, shot 12 rounds in 2.99 seconds. That time includes the time it took him to reload. That may not be up there with the current rpm for today's auto rifles but its still crazy fast for a revolver. Here is the video via youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw
    Hmmm... didn't know you considered a "bolt-action" to be "semi." I, and probably the rest of the gun shooting world consider it manual or "non-auto," not semi-auto. But nit-picking aside...

Having shot a lot of full-auto back in my military days, back when the M-16 was truly full-auto and not some 3-round burst POS, I can say that full-auto is rarely any big advantage for anyone who can shoot well. Makes sense as a squad weapon, but as an individual weapon, not so much. Waste of ammo mainly.

Make every shot count!

Trivia question: Quick! Who can give me the name of a semi-auto revolver?

(without having to google...!)
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

That's not what I meant to imply. Bolt actions are bolt actions, but the rate of fire that some of these pro shooters achieve with bolt action rifles make then seem like semi-autos.

I don't know of any semi-auto revolvers, but the only full-auto revolver I can think of might be the Mini gattling gun. Sure, some would debate that it's not a "true" revolver seeing as how the chamber isn't revolving but the barrel is.

Edited for spelling and grammar. Hooray diploma!
    J.A.Salinas
    "Natural Selection is another way of God telling you you're an idiot"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast