• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Falls man's open carry charge dismissed

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

johnny amish wrote:
Don't you just love the part"assault-style rifle" wasn't he carrying a 22? Just love the drama.
This is why people need to carry hello kitty guns. No one ever got shot by a pink hello kitty gun.

M

McX

imported post

i'm glad to see he got the charges dismissed. it didn't appear to me he met the definition of knowingly entering a school zone. Kudos to the cops, and their tape measures.

Kwick, your just a killin me! har-har-har! I'm gonna slap a smiley face on ol prescious!

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

They went through too much effort to try to find this guy guilty of possession in a school zone. I'm glad he got off of the charge. Too bad he had to sit in jail for a while.

M

McX

imported post

yeah, sure, like our local paper appologised to springfield for claiming he baited them.

Gordo

imported post

johnny amish wrote:
Don't you just love the part "assault-style rifle" wasn't he carrying a 22?  Just love the drama.

People who write about guns in the paper need to take the time to learn about guns. Calling something an assault style rifle is nothing more than baiting the anti's. Most of these people don't know the difference between a semi and full auto.

IMO It's not an "assault style" if you can't hold the trigger down and have it keep firing. Otherwise it's simply a semi automatic sporting rifle.

:banghead:

B

bhancock

imported post

Maybe we could coin a new name or phrase. Perhaps we could call them multipurpose sporting rifles, or maybe tactically friendly weather resistant firearms. Easy to maintain, versatile and dependable security devices.

B

bhancock

imported post

paul@paul-fisher.com wrote:
Why don't we just call them rifles?
We totally understand that and I wasn't super serious about the new names, but on second thought, many of the sheeple are calmed by nice sounding terms. Think about some of the past political movements and how coining new terms kinda glazed it over for people who really didn't want to think about it. These rifles and handguns are part of our safety plan, think about how many controversial things pass at public schools in the name of safety.

Many of the companies would no longer object to firearm carry because it would be part of the safety plan, so they could then tell concerned customers that they allow citizens to carry in the store for the safety and comfort of everyones shopping experience. Problem solved, politically correct, no discrimination.

Gordo

imported post

+1

Not to get off topic but I've had several people tell me that "no one needs an automatic weapon to hunt" I always respond that tend to agree, but some of us like to use a semi automatic rifle for hunting or target shooting. The fact that some of them look at me with a puzzled face as if to say "what do you mean" tells me that the biggest problem with anti's is the lack of education on firearms, and that the media and the anti's before them have done nothing to help the problem. Rifles are rifles and they take standard capacity mags.

I really hate the way media portrays guns and gun owners as if were some kind of barbaric culture who needs to be studied to understand what makes us tick.

protias

imported post

Gordo wrote:
+1

Not to get off topic but I've had several people tell me that "no one needs an automatic weapon to hunt" I always respond that tend to agree, but some of us like to use a semi automatic rifle for hunting or target shooting. The fact that some of them look at me with a puzzled face as if to say "what do you mean" tells me that the biggest problem with anti's is the lack of education on firearms, and that the media and the anti's before them have done nothing to help the problem. Rifles are rifles and they take standard capacity mags.

I really hate the way media portrays guns and gun owners as if were some kind of barbaric culture who needs to be studied to understand what makes us tick.
The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting at all. It is for the freedom of the people from the government and the people's ability to keep the government safe from foreign invaders.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

protias wrote:
The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting at all.  It is for the freedom of the people from the government and the people's ability to keep the government safe from foreign invaders.

Amen Brother!!!:):)