• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Falls man's open carry charge dismissed

jamesisel

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
johnny amish wrote:
Don't you just love the part"assault-style rifle" wasn't he carrying a 22? Just love the drama.
This is why people need to carry hello kitty guns. No one ever got shot by a pink hello kitty gun.
hahaha. no lie, when I was in afghanistan last year I saw an Air Force woman with hello kitty stickers all over her M16.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

jamesisel wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
johnny amish wrote:
Don't you just love the part"assault-style rifle" wasn't he carrying a 22? Just love the drama.
This is why people need to carry hello kitty guns. No one ever got shot by a pink hello kitty gun.
hahaha. no lie, when I was in afghanistan last year I saw an Air Force woman with hello kitty stickers all over her M16.
She was air force, does that mean no one ever got shot by a hello kitty gun?:lol:

AdamXD

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
johnny amish wrote:

http://blog.riflegear.com/archive/2007/12/26/hello-kitty-ar-15---evil-black-rifle-meets-cute-and.aspx

Revel in the awesomeness of the "Hello Kitty AR-15"

All in all aside, to me, a rifle is a rifle. Semi or auto makes no difference. I've watched some shooting competitions that are strictly semi only and you would have never know the pistols and rifles, especially the bolt action rifles, were in fact semi.

The current world record revolver shooter, Jerry Miculek, shot 12 rounds in 2.99 seconds. That time includes the time it took him to reload. That may not be up there with the current rpm for today's auto rifles but its still crazy fast for a revolver. Here is the video via youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

AdamXD wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
johnny amish wrote:

http://blog.riflegear.com/archive/2007/12/26/hello-kitty-ar-15---evil-black-rifle-meets-cute-and.aspx

Revel in the awesomeness of the "Hello Kitty AR-15"

All in all aside, to me, a rifle is a rifle. Semi or auto makes no difference. I've watched some shooting competitions that are strictly semi only and you would have never know the pistols and rifles, especially the bolt action rifles, were in fact semi.

The current world record revolver shooter, Jerry Miculek, shot 12 rounds in 2.99 seconds. That time includes the time it took him to reload. That may not be up there with the current rpm for today's auto rifles but its still crazy fast for a revolver. Here is the video via youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw
Hmmm... didn't know you considered a "bolt-action" to be "semi." I, and probably the rest of the gun shooting world consider it manual or "non-auto," not semi-auto. But nit-picking aside...

Having shot a lot of full-auto back in my military days, back when the M-16 was truly full-auto and not some 3-round burst POS, I can say that full-auto is rarely any big advantage for anyone who can shoot well. Makes sense as a squad weapon, but as an individual weapon, not so much. Waste of ammo mainly.

Make every shot count!

Trivia question: Quick! Who can give me the name of a semi-auto revolver?

(without having to google...!)

AdamXD

imported post

That's not what I meant to imply. Bolt actions are bolt actions, but the rate of fire that some of these pro shooters achieve with bolt action rifles make then seem like semi-autos.

I don't know of any semi-auto revolvers, but the only full-auto revolver I can think of might be the Mini gattling gun. Sure, some would debate that it's not a "true" revolver seeing as how the chamber isn't revolving but the barrel is.

Edited for spelling and grammar. Hooray diploma!

M

McX

imported post

good to see the article was printed, and posted. i saw some positive comments in the comments section of the page too! i'll claim a win, and toss in a dancing bananna.:celebrate

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

bhancock wrote:
Maybe we could coin a new name or phrase. Perhaps we could call them multipurpose sporting rifles, or maybe tactically friendly weather resistant firearms. Easy to maintain, versatile and dependable security devices.
The term that I and a number of pro Constitution people are using is "Sport/Utility Rifle".

Captain Nemo

imported post

Often things get confused in antiquity. Even we firearm advocates are confused with firearm terminology. When what we commonly call today "semi-automatic" weapons first came on the scene they were called "automatics". In fact if you look at the antique ammo boxes at gun shows you will see older boxes of .45acp ammo labeled "45 automatic". At that time in history the word automatic meant nothing in regards to how many bullets a gun could fire. At the introduction of those new types of firearms the firearms in existance required some means of manual manipulation to bring the next bullet into battery. You either cocked the hammer, worked the bolt, opened the breach or pulled the trigger to rotate the cylinder in order to chamber a new round. The "new" firearms did all of that automatically by using gas pressure from the expended round. Hence the name "automatic". During the course of time the term got warped. It began to equate to the number of rounds fired with a single pull of the trigger. If only one round was fired the firearm was described as a semiu-automatic. If more than one round was fired with one pull of the trigger it became identified as an automatic. The fact of the matter is that the word automatic as it applies to rate of fire is incorrect. In reality it is an archaic term that has been replaced by the term semi-automatic. There are these basic types of firearms: breakaction, slideaction, bolt action, muzzle loader, semi-automatic. All require a single pull of the trigger to fire each round. Any other firearm that is capable of firing two or more rounds with a single pull of the trigger is a "machine gun". It doesn't matter that it happens to look like one of the forementiond firearms. A service rifle or even a "tommy gun" for that matter is either a semi-automatic or a machine gun depending on which position the selector lever is placed.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Captain Nemo wrote:
Often things get confused in antiquity. Even we firearm advocates are confused with firearm terminology. When what we commonly call today "semi-automatic" weapons first came on the scene they were called "automatics". In fact if you look at the antique ammo boxes at gun shows you will see older boxes of .45acp ammo labeled "45 automatic". At that time in history the word automatic meant nothing in regards to how many bullets a gun could fire. At the introduction of those new types of firearms the firearms in existance required some means of manual manipulation to bring the next bullet into battery. You either cocked the hammer, worked the bolt, opened the breach or pulled the trigger to rotate the cylinder in order to chamber a new round. The "new" firearms did all of that automatically by using gas pressure from the expended round. Hence the name "automatic". During the course of time the term got warped. It began to equate to the number of rounds fired with a single pull of the trigger. If only one round was fired the firearm was described as a semiu-automatic. If more than one round was fired with one pull of the trigger it became identified as an automatic. The fact of the matter is that the word automatic as it applies to rate of fire is incorrect. In reality it is an archaic term that has been replaced by the term semi-automatic. There are these basic types of firearms: breakaction, slideaction, bolt action, muzzle loader, semi-automatic. All require a single pull of the trigger to fire each round. Any other firearm that is capable of firing two or more rounds with a single pull of the trigger is a "machine gun". It doesn't matter that it happens to look like one of the forementiond firearms. A service rifle or even a "tommy gun" for that matter is either a semi-automatic or a machine gun depending on which position the selector lever is placed.
Well said.

I suspect that "ccwinstructor" is "ccwtrainer" is a sockpuppet for Gene German, NRA apologist.