• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indiana OCer visiting MI

Underdog

imported post

First off- Hi there!

I'm a Hoosier that checks the MI portion of this board often. I think you all are doing a great, albeit tough, job in MI.

In Indiana there are few cities that are anti-OC. Fort Wayne and St. John are about the only ones I see people posting about on Indiana's largest gun forum.

I OC quite a bit around and in Indianapolis without any issues- not even looks from people.

Which brings me to my question and point. I visit MI with some regularity and know that MI honors my IN LTCH; however I would like to join you all at one of your events as well as OC on my own when I'm there.

Before I OC in MI I'd like to nail down the gun registration laws. There are none in IN so my concern is I could get the business from LE because my guns are not registered anywhere.

Thanks for keeping up the fight. You would be surprised how much OCers from other states support you.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Underdog wrote:
First off- Hi there!

I'm a Hoosier that checks the MI portion of this board often. I think you all are doing a great, albeit tough, job in MI.

In Indiana there are few cities that are anti-OC. Fort Wayne and St. John are about the only ones I see people posting about on Indiana's largest gun forum.

I OC quite a bit around and in Indianapolis without any issues- not even looks from people.

Which brings me to my question and point. I visit MI with some regularity and know that MI honors my IN LTCH; however I would like to join you all at one of your events as well as OC on my own when I'm there.

Before I OC in MI I'd like to nail down the gun registration laws. There are none in IN so my concern is I could get the business from LE because my guns are not registered anywhere.

Thanks for keeping up the fight. You would be surprised how much OCers from other states support you.
Michigan honors your permit so you are covered in regards to possessing a handgun. Unless you are committing a crime there should be no lawful reason for the LEO to run a check on your handgun, even if they do, tough, it's legal in Indiana and Michigan honors Indiana law in this regard.