• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry at Walworth County Fairgrounds?

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

Does anyone know if this is considered public or private property? In addition, are the buildings 'government' or private. There are 3 schools surrounding the grounds.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

County fairgrounds are normally owned by the county, along with the buildings. So you ought not to enter the buildings, and if the grounds are within 1000' of school grounds, you'd be in jeopardy.

Now as far as I can tell, the Walworth County Fairgrounds are owned by the Walworth County Agricultural Society, Inc. which founded a charitable organization, Walworth County Fair Foundation Inc. These may be entirely private organizations, making the grounds and buildings all private. I tried to contact the Agricultural Center to verify this, but there was no answer. You can try too: 262-741-3228

johnny amish

imported post

If the fair grounds are owned by the ag society the oc is cool in the buildings. Last year three of us attended Ron Kinds corn boil at the La Crosse co fairgrounds, which is owned by the ag society and we had no problems. Ronnie himself said he supports the second amendment, although I suspect he thinks the second amendment is talking about duck hunting.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

I am debating whether I want to OC since I will be there collecting signature for Rebecca Kleefisch. Elkhorn Chief of Police has assured Nik from WCI that a holster is a 'suitable container' so I should be OK.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

OK. I wussed out. I wasn't sure of the ownership and really didn't want to get arrested for a GFSZ violation. I guess I could of brought it and left it in the car until I had a chat with the Sheriff.

He was there and confirmed what others said that the Fairgrounds was private property.