• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

*** MUST READ *** UPCOMING FORUM MIGRATION ***

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Due to numerous issues we have been experiencing with WowBB, OCDO will be moving to vBulletin in the VERY near future. I will keep everyone updated on the schedule as I get more information.

We will be migrating the entire forum (users, threads, etc) but we will also be maintaining the old forum in read-only mode with links to the new forum so that existing Google links will continue to lead people to the site.

Nothing is required of anyone at this time. I just wanted to let everyone know.

Thanks!

John

daddy4count

imported post

The CSS isn't corrupted... it just uses an Internet Explorer specific CSS property that shows up as a bug in non-IE browsers.

It is possible the newer IE versions won't support it either... since Microsoft doesn't always continue support for its own inventions. But Opera, Firefox, Safari, etc. will not be able to parse the code properly...

I don't know for sure, haven't used Windows or IE in years but I used to develop web sites.

Just FYI...

TFred

imported post

But it appears from the irregular appearance of the forums that the offending CSS has been disabled.

In an effort to try to fix my rather pesky runaways, I just yesterday installed the NoScript plugin, which happened to coincide with the change in appearance of the boards. Spooky... I guess the question will be answered if I now remove the plugin and the runaways stay gone.

TFred

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

Awesome......I'm on 3 other forums that are V-Bulletin. Never seem to have an issue on those sites.

Then again...haven't really had any problems with WowBB either.....just minor.

Tomas

imported post

Good luck on the move to vB. Good choice.

Two of my sites were moved from phpBB to vB last year. One of them moved with essentially zero problems, but the largest one took nearly six months to work the majority of the bugs out of (because of the number of strange and unusual hacks and rewrites that had been done to the original).

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Tomas,

Thanks for the well-wishes. :)

I have used zero hacks or mods here on WowBB so I hope it will go smoothly. <crosses fingers> :)

We will all know shortly.

John

Tomas wrote:
Good luck on the move to vB. Good choice.

Two of my sites were moved from phpBB to vB last year. One of them moved with essentially zero problems, but the largest one took nearly six months to work the majority of the bugs out of (because of the number of strange and unusual hacks and rewrites that had been done to the original).

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

TFred wrote: [/b]But it appears from the irregular appearance of the forums that the offending CSS has been disabled.In an effort to try to fix my rather pesky runaways, I just yesterday installed the NoScript plugin, which happened to coincide with the change in appearance of the boards. Spooky... I guess the question will be answered if I now remove the plugin and the runaways stay gone.TFred[/quote]

Could this have anything to do (or will it help) my messed up quoting ability?

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/45418-1.html

Has the transition been made yet?

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

BB62 wrote:
TFred wrote: But it appears from the irregular appearance of the forums that the offending CSS has been disabled.In an effort to try to fix my rather pesky runaways, I just yesterday installed the NoScript plugin, which happened to coincide with the change in appearance of the boards. Spooky... I guess the question will be answered if I now remove the plugin and the runaways stay gone.TFred

Could this have anything to do (or will it help) my messed up quoting ability?

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/45418-1.html

Has the transition been made yet?

You'll know when it happens.