Thread: open carry with a empty mag?

Post imported post

i live in california, and you can oc but the gun has to be unloaded. so what good is it if everyone notice that my gun has no mag? can i carry with a empty clip?

Post imported post

You can carry loaded mags with you, but they can't be in the gun. I know it's extremely stupid in fact I would never live in a state with laws like Illinois or Wisconsin.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Post imported post

Get a Hi-Point 45 it's heavy and you could beat the BG to death with it

Post imported post

xmanhockey7 wrote:
    You can carry loaded mags with you, but they can't be in the gun. I know it's extremely stupid in fact I would never live in a state with laws like Illinois or Wisconsin.
    Did I miss something? I've heard about IL, but I thought WI was pretty open as far as carry?

Post imported post

Yes they are but I think they should also allow concealed. Although the people who passed the no carry at all in Illinois should lose their jobs for not upholding the Constitution of the United States of America.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

RED ARMY wrote:
    i live in california, and you can oc but the gun has to be unloaded. so what good is it if everyone notice that my gun has no mag? can i carry with a empty clip?
    Yes, you may carry your gun with an empty magazine in the gun.
    The definition of "loaded" is if there is "a cartridge in a position to be fired".

Post imported post

My question would have to be...Why would you want to carry an empty mag in the gun? Why would you want to add the extra step of expelling an empty mag before being able to load? I'd much rather have that mag full of ammo so it could be useful.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
    My question would have to be...Why would you want to carry an empty mag in the gun? No one wants to carry an empty mag. California requires that the gun be unloaded. The empty mag presents the appearance of a loaded gun. Why would you want to add the extra step of expelling an empty mag before being able to load? No one wants to add an extra step. It's a personal choice to accept the trade-off of appearance versus faster presentation. I'd much rather have that mag full of ammo so it could be useful. Yeah, so would we. We're making progress in that direction.

Post imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
    fully_armed_biker wrote:
    My question would have to be...Why would you want to carry an empty mag in the gun? No one wants to carry an empty mag. California requires that the gun be unloaded. The empty mag presents the appearance of a loaded gun. Why would you want to add the extra step of expelling an empty mag before being able to load? No one wants to add an extra step. It's a personal choice to accept the trade-off of appearance versus faster presentation. I'd much rather have that mag full of ammo so it could be useful. Yeah, so would we. We're making progress in that direction.

Well...here's to hoping that trade-off is worth it.

I understand California requires unloaded carry...Just saying I'd rather have that mag fullin my pocket, than empty in the gun...

Post imported post

any filled mags must be open carried!

EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
    any filled mags must be open carried!
    Then in a mag pouch on my belt...we're arguing semantics here...

Simply put empty magazine = useless, except for the possible political statement...I just hope that statement isn't, "If I wouldn't have rendered myfirearm even further useless than the staterequired me to, I would not have had to die...."

Slightly off the subject.

Hello, and new to the forum.

Here is my question, in the state of Wisconsin where I live, can I carry my .357 S&W model 65 3" bbl with the chamber full (gun loaded) in an open carry (holstered gun in plane site on my hip)?????????? Again with the revolver fully loaded???????