• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry with a empty mag?

xmanhockey7

imported post

You can carry loaded mags with you, but they can't be in the gun. I know it's extremely stupid in fact I would never live in a state with laws like Illinois or Wisconsin.

Ronsmag

imported post

Get a Hi-Point 45 it's heavy and you could beat the BG to death with it

Cypher

imported post

xmanhockey7 wrote:
You can carry loaded mags with you, but they can't be in the gun. I know it's extremely stupid in fact I would never live in a state with laws like Illinois or Wisconsin.
Did I miss something? I've heard about IL, but I thought WI was pretty open as far as carry?

xmanhockey7

imported post

Yes they are but I think they should also allow concealed. Although the people who passed the no carry at all in Illinois should lose their jobs for not upholding the Constitution of the United States of America.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

RED ARMY wrote:
i live in california, and you can oc but the gun has to be unloaded. so what good is it if everyone notice that my gun has no mag? can i carry with a empty clip?:question:

Yes, you may carry your gun with an empty magazine in the gun.
The definition of "loaded" is if there is "a cartridge in a position to be fired".

fully_armed_biker

imported post

My question would have to be...Why would you want to carry an empty mag in the gun? Why would you want to add the extra step of expelling an empty mag before being able to load? I'd much rather have that mag full of ammo so it could be useful.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
My question would have to be...Why would you want to carry an empty mag in the gun? No one wants to carry an empty mag. California requires that the gun be unloaded. The empty mag presents the appearance of a loaded gun. Why would you want to add the extra step of expelling an empty mag before being able to load? No one wants to add an extra step. It's a personal choice to accept the trade-off of appearance versus faster presentation. I'd much rather have that mag full of ammo so it could be useful. Yeah, so would we. We're making progress in that direction.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
fully_armed_biker wrote:
My question would have to be...Why would you want to carry an empty mag in the gun? No one wants to carry an empty mag. California requires that the gun be unloaded. The empty mag presents the appearance of a loaded gun. Why would you want to add the extra step of expelling an empty mag before being able to load? No one wants to add an extra step. It's a personal choice to accept the trade-off of appearance versus faster presentation. I'd much rather have that mag full of ammo so it could be useful. Yeah, so would we. We're making progress in that direction.

Well...here's to hoping that trade-off is worth it.

I understand California requires unloaded carry...Just saying I'd rather have that mag fullin my pocket, than empty in the gun...:)

fully_armed_biker

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
any filled mags must be open carried!

Then in a mag pouch on my belt...we're arguing semantics here...

Simply put empty magazine = useless, except for the possible political statement...I just hope that statement isn't, "If I wouldn't have rendered myfirearm even further useless than the staterequired me to, I would not have had to die...."

markofwisconsin

Slightly off the subject.

Hello, and new to the forum.

Here is my question, in the state of Wisconsin where I live, can I carry my .357 S&W model 65 3" bbl with the chamber full (gun loaded) in an open carry (holstered gun in plane site on my hip)?????????? Again with the revolver fully loaded???????