Thread: South Dakota Open Carry Advocates (SDOCA)

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'm re-posting this info because I think a more explicit subject line will garner more eyes...
    It would be great just to have a get together before the formation of any sort of group, so that we can get to know each other, etc.
    It would be REALLY great to get enough people together to make an (positive) impact on the local media, a la recent get-together's in Maine and Nationwide.
    I envision a peaceful and fun bbq in a local park with OCer's and their families. I'm willing to take the lead on organization, I just need enough people to commit to justify the expenditure. Re-post follows:

I propose the creation of an organization to advocate Open Carry in South Dakota:

South Dakota Open Carry Advocates (SDOCA)

I propose that the organization should be informal in nature, but should have at least four officers, President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer, and should met on a regular basis.

If you are interested in being an officer or member, please let me know.

Also, I have developed a draft of a pamphlet for SD OC. Please let me know if you have any (constructive) comments.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/328766

Bump
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

Any follow up?
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

Campaign Veteran
    Nope, it's awful lonely.

well i joined lol

OC get together

South Dakota needs to have an OC get together or picnic! Got another person interested in OC in town!

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by XDSTEEL View Post
    South Dakota needs to have an OC get together or picnic! Got another person interested in OC in town!
    I saw a unicorn today! Saw a guy OCing a XD at Sams Club here in Rapid - had a good short conversation with him. He wasn't aware of OCDO, now he is!