• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Dakota Open Carry Advocates (SDOCA)

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm re-posting this info because I think a more explicit subject line will garner more eyes...
It would be great just to have a get together before the formation of any sort of group, so that we can get to know each other, etc.
It would be REALLY great to get enough people together to make an (positive) impact on the local media, a la recent get-together's in Maine and Nationwide.
I envision a peaceful and fun bbq in a local park with OCer's and their families. I'm willing to take the lead on organization, I just need enough people to commit to justify the expenditure. Re-post follows:

I propose the creation of an organization to advocate Open Carry in South Dakota:

South Dakota Open Carry Advocates (SDOCA)

I propose that the organization should be informal in nature, but should have at least four officers, President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer, and should met on a regular basis.

If you are interested in being an officer or member, please let me know.

Also, I have developed a draft of a pamphlet for SD OC. Please let me know if you have any (constructive) comments.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/328766

XDSTEEL

OC get together

South Dakota needs to have an OC get together or picnic! Got another person interested in OC in town!