• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Girl beaten in subway while THREE security guards stand idly by

fastfish600

Standing orders or not, the past of the victum, both are irrelevent, at least one of them should have out of commond sense did something other than stand there and call on there radios. No one there could have known the victum was not being killed with the kicks to the head. " i'm not getting involved " i'm so sick of hearing that lame ass statement when it comes to someone being beaten. It could have been anyone of our Daughters. I'm not saying use lethal force on the attacker but Dam one of the security could have stoped it sooner.

I have worked as a security guard and know about standing orders. In this case, the security guards were put in a situation where things could have turned into a bloody situation. The individuals attacking the female could have turned onto the guards with knives or other instruments which could have killed. I think the companies should arm their guards so guards could defend themselves if confronted by individuals with lethal weapons. Only the public can put enough pressure on businesses to arm security guards because one individual can not make the difference.

KRM59

I have worked as a security guard and know about standing orders. In this case, the security guards were put in a situation where things could have turned into a bloody situation. The individuals attacking the female could have turned onto the guards with knives or other instruments which could have killed. I think the companies should arm their guards so guards could defend themselves if confronted by individuals with lethal weapons. Only the public can put enough pressure on businesses to arm security guards because one individual can not make the difference.

I agree they should be able to defend themselves, but i disagree in this case because there was three guards that were certainly not small guys, and i also have been in security. To stand by and watch ( in my opinon and this is just me ) make you no better than the ones doing the attacking. This does not go for every case as in someone being attacted with a weapon and you are not armed < common sense> but in this case of a beating they could have picked her up and walked away with her.

Flintlock

If the police themselves are not legally required to help us, than how can we expect security officers to do the same?

What about the other bystanders? Were there any? Did they just stand by also?

Obviously another example of why we need to be prepared to defend ourselves and not be so reliant of others to save us when we are in trouble. If someone helps, then great. But that should not be expected and demanded with the way things currently stand.

I suppose we can thank the SCOTUS for that as well as a lazy public that doesn't care enough about their fellow citizens to intervene.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Deserved it.

She's a common thug. She just got convicted of assault and robbery of an elderly lady. Plus she has also been convicted of assaulting a security guard.
I forgot to mention she maced them which is why they retaliated.

Last edited:

SlackwareRobert

Well I for one would beat the crap out of security when I woke from my coma for standing around playing with themselves while my head was kicked in.
I remember seeing a movie based on true events years ago just like this, only it was the husband doing the kicking and the cop standing there making sure no one interfered. Decided then that I would remove the obstacle to rendering aid, then render aid. I don't care if it is Pelosi, you don't kick even scum when they are down and out. The threat is stopped.
Could they be former 'brinks' employees who had the same policy for the home security systems. Their in the house killing you, don't worry we called the cops for you, thanks for using our service.

kwikrnu

Banned
Police are not responsible for personal security and security guards are not either. Everyone is responsible for themselves which is what the Second Amendment recognizes.

eye95

She's a common thug. She just got convicted of assault and robbery of an elderly lady. Plus she has also been convicted of assaulting a security guard.

Can you back up these assertions with details and context? On OCDO we support what we write.

Even if you can, that does not justify individual citizens beating her up.

.45acp

So your position is that the security people knew this and decided that she deserved and A@@ whoopin. Could it be that she maced her attackers in self -defense?

Steve

crdonov

the gaurds should have done something. i bet if they knew the victom, they would have stepped in! dont know how anyone could stand there and watch. at least make an attemp to help her. i would of helped.

xd-over

Last edited:

frommycolddeadhands

the gaurds should have done something. i bet if they knew the victom, they would have stepped in! dont know how anyone could stand there and watch. at least make an attemp to help her. i would of helped.

xd-over

Ditto. This may not have been a shooting solution situation, but at least running interference might have given the girl enough time to get away.

Jack House

They trained the guards how to deal with such situations in the future then replaced them with another firm which will have the same rules as before the incident. :rolleyes:

KYKevin

It says alot about our society when people just stand by, watch and do nothing. Everything is all ME, ME, ME, anyomre. very sad to see.

Back before I started to open carry I saw a man beating his wife outside a local store. Several people just watched. I yelled and went over even though the guy was huge. Lucky for me another man finally joined me. We did not have to engage the man. He just yelled and we talked to keep him busy til the cops showed up. All ended well. Few months later a man was stabbed in virtually the same place. Now I OC.

arentol

If the police themselves are not legally required to help us, than how can we expect security officers to do the same?

Actually the police do have a legal requirement to intervene if they are witness to an assault. What they don't have is an obligation to respond quickly to a report of an assault, or to protect the victim of that assault in any way until they are actually on scene. Even then they are allowed to take whatever reasonable steps they feel are necessary to ensure their own safety before intervening.