Thread: License Transfer

Post imported post

Hi every as you can see i'am new here and saying my hello to all the people here. Well heres my story. I'am from Kansas planning to move down in LA next month. The bad news today, I have a Carry Conceled License in KS. I call the sheriff office and asked if they do license transfer from state to state, sadly to hear they don't.

Now i have to wait 6 months in La to be a resident,then take my ccw class again!!! and apply also again!!!.

Post imported post

Welcome to Louisiana! What part are you moving to? Six month wait will fly by!

Post imported post

You should check and see if Louisiana recognizes Kansas ccw permits ( reciprocity) if so, keep a copy of your Kansas ID and you should be good to go. Contact the La. state police concealed carry licence division to find out if they recognize your Ks. licence.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

Post imported post

NRAMARINE wrote:
    You should check and see if Louisiana recognizes Kansas ccw permits ( reciprocity) if so, keep a copy of your Kansas ID and you should be good to go. Contact the La. state police concealed carry licence division to find out if they recognize your Ks. licence.
    Kansas permit is good in LA.

Post imported post

The KS permit may be good, but if you are doing a change of residence, you must notify the KS. If they do not allow out of state residents to hold a KS permit then you will have to turn your KS permit in and wait the 6 months to get your LA permit. This is the same issue that I dealt with when I moved back form MS.

OC, as he-who-shall-not-be-named mentioned, does not require any sort of permit in the State of LA.