• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

License Transfer

Sarin_H&K

imported post

Hi every as you can see i'am new here and saying my hello to all the people here. Well heres my story. I'am from Kansas planning to move down in LA next month. The bad news today, I have a Carry Conceled License in KS. I call the sheriff office and asked if they do license transfer from state to state, sadly to hear they don't.:(

Now i have to wait 6 months in La to be a resident,then take my ccw class again!!! and apply also again!!!.

NRAMARINE

imported post

You should check and see if Louisiana recognizes Kansas ccw permits ( reciprocity) if so, keep a copy of your Kansas ID and you should be good to go. Contact the La. state police concealed carry licence division to find out if they recognize your Ks. licence.:D

charlie12

imported post

NRAMARINE wrote:
You should check and see if Louisiana recognizes Kansas ccw permits ( reciprocity) if so, keep a copy of your Kansas ID and you should be good to go. Contact the La. state police concealed carry licence division to find out if they recognize your Ks. licence.:D
Kansas permit is good in LA.

LA Confederate

imported post

The KS permit may be good, but if you are doing a change of residence, you must notify the KS. If they do not allow out of state residents to hold a KS permit then you will have to turn your KS permit in and wait the 6 months to get your LA permit. This is the same issue that I dealt with when I moved back form MS.

OC, as he-who-shall-not-be-named mentioned, does not require any sort of permit in the State of LA.