• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Found in another state, but applies here.

DoubleAgentMan

Activist Member
imported post

I randomly found this post searching and I figure since I have posted a few times since then I may as well put it in here since I live in NV and all :)

DoubleAgentMan wrote:
I was at a Best Buy in Las Vegas about two/three weeks ago and had an issue like this. The managers were really nice about it but asked me if I could put my weapon away. I was in a rush and had to get an item I purchased exchanged as it was for a birthday party that was starting in less than an hour. I informed them that my state has the right to open carry and that Best Buy's policy was to obey all state/local laws. He stated that their general manager did not want weapons in the store unless they were with a on an on-duty LEO. Not really sure what my I should do now since I shop their often and really do like their customer service. This is the first time I OC'd there however and was very dissapointed with how it was handled since I have seen many other people OC without any issues.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

If it were me, I'd try to contact the corporate headquarters and see what their policy and tell them about what happened. If they describe a no-gun policy, I'd send a letter saying why it is bad for them to have a no-guns policy. Then, I'd shop elsewhere where they actually want me as a customer.

Kathy England

imported post

Wonder which one. I was OC'ing in the Best Buy at Rainbow and Lake Mead a couple of days ago. No one mentioned it too, though at least one employee noticed. I even left for a few minutes and had to return for something I forgot the first time 'round.

DoubleAgentMan

Activist Member
imported post

Kathy England wrote:
Wonder which one. I was OC'ing in the Best Buy at Rainbow and Lake Mead a couple of days ago. No one mentioned it too, though at least one employee noticed. I even left for a few minutes and had to return for something I forgot the first time 'round.
That was the second one, they were cool with it. N. Decatur doesn't seem to like us much however.:(