• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry on a first date?

j2l3

imported post

Do you know her thoughts on firearms? Might be best to learn that first. Especially if you are thinking you might already want a second date.

jddssc121

imported post

White_russian5 wrote:
So, I have this date tomorrow with this girl I met in the fifth grade and havn't seen in about 10 years. Would it be akward if I open carried or should I conceal?

if you conceal and don't tell her, and end up going to a bar, might be an awkward moment when you lock it in the glove box

Jack House

imported post

White_russian5 wrote:
So, I have this date tomorrow with this girl I met in the fifth grade and havn't seen in about 10 years. Would it be akward if I open carried or should I conceal?
You should find out how she feels about firearms first. Let us know what she says, will ya? :p

White_russian5

imported post

Well I have decided to conceal and it will be the first time I try to coneal since I got my pistol in April I've always just open carried :)I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Bersa.380

imported post

Don't waste to much time, just get to the point as soon as you can about her view's on 2A rights, there are 1,000's of women to choose from, better to find out real soon then to discover after the wedding she hates gun's

TheJeepster

imported post

Your taking your chances, but like some others have said. If she doesn't like it..oh well!

If she really likes it you get to go home and :celebrate

oldkim

imported post

On a FIRST date...

You have your cards stacked up against you on a first date. First impressions and all that. It's tough dating period. You really want to give her a reason to not have a second?

There are very few woman that are pro gun - even if you do find one, no one wants to have a first date and have people staring at them. How about being confronted with some anti - not good for a first date to have them watch you get into an argument with someone else.

It's like meeting someone for the first time and getting the hard line 15-30 minute political speech on abortion or the seperation of church and state. Not really what a first date is meant for.

Just my $0.02 but it's your first date, not mine.

White_russian5

imported post

daddy4count wrote:
First date = shooting range!

:celebrate
LOL I've taken girls shooting on second dates but never on a first date. I find that most women like guns but have just never shot them before and the ones that hate guns generally ignore me or go out of there way to let me know that I'm a horrible person and guns kill people.:D

Matt85

imported post

ive had mixed results with females and firearms... i have a problem where i cant shut my noise hole when it comes to guns. my best results have been from girls who are from out of state, preferably from somewhere in the south. (girls from WA tend to hate guns for unkown reasons)

CCW on the first date and try not to discuss firearms untell your 2nd or 3rd date. (im unable to do this, but i would recomend it)

-matt

T

TWG2A

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Why not call her up and ask her?

I SECOND THIS. CALL AND ASK HER!

Get the issue on the table, so to speak.

As a female Second Amendment Advocate, I would be impressed. But there aren't many of us out here.

Personally, as a single woman, if a Man strikes up a conversation with me one of the first questions they usually ask is what my interests/hobbies are. I ALWAYS tell them first and foremost that I'm a Second Amendment Advocate and that I spend a lot of my time working to protect our Bill Of Rights. If they look at me*funny*, or like I've just spat on their shoe, then the conversation is over.

Same goes if they ask me about my political beliefs and other issues that are high on my list.

The good part is that she knows you from your past. If you call and ask her, chances are you won't scare her away.

Good Luck, and let us know how it goes!