• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Debate with Saldana

JJ

imported post

A job well done to Adnan Shahab and Chau Chang on their debate with Saldana at the CommonWealth Club tonight in Lafayette.

Look on the CommonWealth Club website in the near future for the video.....

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

So basically, Saldanaleaves an open carry debate with an armed security detail in order toprove what point???It was a gun-free zone. Why didn't she feel safe???? I think that she just made thewinning argument for"shooting" down her own bill!!!!!What a tyrant!

JJ

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
So basically, Saldanaleaves an open carry debate with an armed security detail in order toprove what point???It was a gun-free zone. Why didn't she feel safe???? I think that she just made thewinning argument for"shooting" down her own bill!!!!!What a tyrant!
Complete Hypocrite. Do as I say, not as I do!

Don Tomas

imported post

JJ wrote:
Sons of Liberty wrote:
Complete Hypocrite. Do as I say, not as I do!
Well...technically "do as I say, not as I do" doesn't qualify because she's not carrying a gun and she doesn't support that right. Instead she has an armed security detail around her which the rest of us couldn't realistically have or afford. Which actually makes the point of OC even more clear. OC is for those who aren't priviledged to have their own personal security detail following them around everywhere.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

The hypocrisy of arriving at a debate with bodyguards armed with handguns, wherein youargue that people should not be armed with a common emplement of self defense is worthy of mockery and scorn. This along with her presentation while wearing a bullet proof vestin the assembly, proves that Saldana is a political thespian and a fakir or charletonattempting to charm away our right to self defense while preserving her own.

While she may believe she is in danger from the pro-rights crowd, that she is the lightning rod of physical threats or harm- the reality is quite the opposite. The only thing she has to fear, is the absenceof one ofour communitywilling to defend her against a real criminal.

JJ

imported post

Well...technically "do as I say, not as I do" doesn't qualify because she's not carrying a gun and she doesn't support that right.  Instead she has an armed security detail around her which the rest of us couldn't realistically have or afford. 

This fact was in fact brought to light by Adnan during his closing statement. During his closing he also referred to her highness as Ms. saldana after she had corrected Chau earlier in the debate that her title is Assemblwoman...... :cuss:

DEFENSOR

imported post

"Sic Semper Tyranus"

We should pray that she is voted out to never hold public office again.

DEFENSOR

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I'll be putting together a request to determine how much an after hours (over time?), armed security detail costs the tax payers.

JJ

imported post

In addition to the security detail that accompanied her to the debate, there were already two uniformed Lafayette Police officers and one plainclothes female officer on site before her arrival that I saw, and that stayed for the duration of the event.......

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Mike Hunt wrote:
She obviously believes that guns are not for protecting US, but onlyHER worthless ass. :cuss::banghead::X

Party foul. Wewere all created equal.

Lori Saldana is as worthy as any of us to excersize self-defense in any way she likes. Her problem however, lay with thinking that she is the best person to determine how others provide for their own defense.

I for one, do not feel comfortable putting my faith in someone on the telephone who may or may not send men with guns who are limited by capacity, space, and time to come to my rescue. Whilecalling 911may work for some under ideal circumstances, it is not the best means to ensure your security and safety. It is not her place to tell me or anyone how we should provide for our well being.

Mike Hawk

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
Mike Hunt wrote:
She obviously believes that guns are not for protecting US, but onlyHER worthless ass. :cuss::banghead::X

Lori Saldana is as worthy as any of us to excersize self-defense in any way she likes. Her problem however, lay with thinking that she is the best person to determine how others provide for their own defense.

I for one, do not feel comfortable putting my faith in someone on the telephone who may or may not send men with guns who are limited by capacity, space, and time to come to my rescue. Whilecalling 911may work for some under ideal circumstances, it is not the best means to ensure your security and safety. It is not her place to tell me or anyone how we should provide for our well being.
Lori Saldana is attempting tolegislate away our God-given rights, all the while suckling away at the teat of our own tax $$ to pay for her armed security detail. I stand by my statement. She is a worthless ass.

coolusername2007

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
Mike Hunt wrote:

Yes, we are all created equal, but some commit crimes against humanity and fall from grace in both the eyes of our Creator and man. They are the ones whodeserve to be run out of town by vigilantes, locked up in prison, or even suffer the ultimate with capital punishment.

What is the punishment for a tyrant who would release 10's of thousands of violent state inmates while denying the people their natural law rightof self defense by passing ill conceived legislationthereby disarming the people so they cannot protect themselves? All the while of course conveniently excluding herself from the same restrictions.

At what point whenhas one broken the trust of the people,broken their oath of office, and not only fail to uphold and defend the Constitution but actively work to shred it to pieces do we as a society determine them to be a domestic enemy and deny them the right to arm themselves as they choose? Is she still worthy of self defense in any manner she likes? I think not.

To allow someone like Saldana to continue to arm themselves in the manner they choose while putting innocent lives at risk is foolish political correctness at best and insanity at worst.

Mike Hawk

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Yes, we are all created equal, but some commit crimes against humanity and fall from grace in both the eyes of our Creator and man. They are the ones whodeserve to be run out of town by vigilantes, locked up in prison, or even suffer the ultimate with capital punishment.

What is the punishment for a tyrant who would release 10's of thousands of violent state inmates while denying the people their natural law rightof self defense by passing ill conceived legislationthereby disarming the people so they cannot protect themselves? All the while of course conveniently excluding herself from the same restrictions.

At what point whenhas one broken the trust of the people,broken their oath of office, and not only fail to uphold and defend the Constitution but actively work to shred it to pieces do we as a society determine them to be a domestic enemy and deny them the right to arm themselves as they choose? Is she still worthy of self defense in any manner she likes? I think not.

To allow someone like Saldana to continue to arm themselves in the manner they choose while putting innocent lives at risk is foolish political correctness at best and insanity at worst.
Thanks, Cool. That's what I meant to say. .....That, and also that she's a worthless ass.