• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Daley considers other options if city's ban is overturned, ChicagoTribune.com

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-chicago-gun-ban-options-20100616,0,2451358.story

[Excerpt]Daley said he likes all aspects of the D.C. law and that Chicago could look there for ways to strengthen its licensing procedures. After its gun ban was overturned, the district adopted stringent requirements for prospective gun owners, including a four-hour class on firearm safety, at least an hour of firing training and passing an exam. The newly purchased gun also must undergo ballistics identification firing by police.

Next year, the district will require semi-automatic pistols to be micro-stamped, a controversial technique in which serial numbers are marked on cartridge cases that can be traced back to registered gun owners. California also has adopted a requirement for micro-stamping, a technology that was recently developed and is not yet in use. New York's legislature is considering a micro-stamping bill.

Dreamer

imported post

The only peer-reviewed study on the efficacy of micro-stamping concluded that it doesn't work. And it was done at UC Davis, a California university.

Herr Schwartsenneger is a RINO of the most egregious stripe, and an embarrassment to the name "Republican"...

Here we have a fellow who made his fortune on movies about firearms, and he is turning out to be one of the most agressive gun-grabbing Governors int he nation. He should be ashamed of himself.

Chicago WILL draft laws similar to DC for registration. They will make it so administratively difficult to legally purchase firearms that many folks just won't bother.

Until the SCOTUS holds DC and Chicago in contempt for doing these things, they will continue to get away with it.

And we (the pro-2A community) will ultimately be vindicated, as the crime rates in Chicago, California, NY and DC continue to climb at a rate that overshadows the rest of the US, and as the crime in more pro-2A states continues to drop--despite the fact that we are headed toward a depression that will dwarf the Great Depression of the 1920's...

Daley is a thug and a mobster. Someone needs to file charges under RICO against his entire administration, because they are not a government, they are a criminal enterprise.

KansasMustang

imported post

Dreamer, there was a depression in the 20's lasted oh, a whole year, but it brought forth the "Roaring 20's" The depression that started on "Black Friday" in 1929 was called the "Great Depression" because it lasted til 1946. Basically because of the "New Deal" and government spending gone nuts by "Progressives" like FDR, and his screwballs. Even his own Sec. of Treasury said it was nuts. I'm not gonna give you all the references but check it out.
As to Daly, He's a gangster just like his Daddy was. As long as he's in office there Chicago will be rotten.
edited for date change

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Someone needs to file charges under RICO against his entire administration, because they are not a government, they are a criminal enterprise.
A criminal enterprise and political machine that produced Barak Hussein Obama. Goddamn the Obamanation.

"Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ Goddamn the Obamanation and its union thugs."

Deanimator

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
As to Daly, He's a gangster just like his Daddy was. As long as he's in office there Chicago will be rotten.
I'm from Chicago. I'm 52 years old. Can you point to a time when Chicago WASN'T despicably corrupt?

Chicago was corrupt before Richard J. Daley.
Chicago will be corrupt after Richard M. Daley.

Chicago is the way that it is because the jackasses who live there like it that way.

Chicago makes post-Tito Yugoslavia look like a hippy love-in. It's a racial, ethnic and religious war of all against all. The average Chicagoan will cheerfully let you steal his last $5.00 if he thinks you'll use $0.05 of it to hurt the racial, ethnic or religious group he hates. There's a reason why neo-Nazi leader Frank Collin and the Reverend Jeremiah Wright both found Chicago such a congenial environment.

Think of Chicago as America's Tikrit and Richard J. and Richard M. Daley as America's Saddam and Uday Hussein.

Deanimator

imported post

johnny amish wrote:
Seems like Chicagoens would prefer to live equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.
Chicago is like that episode of "Star Trek" where the guy who was black on one side and white on the other was locked in eternal combat with the guy who was white on one side and black on the other. It's just a razor fight over a dung heap.

Dreamer

imported post

DC and Chicago are both living examples of the old Ben Frankin quotation of "A People get the government they deserve..."

XD40coyote

imported post

But but but... the Daleys have kept Chicago a clean city with trees in it!

My father actually said this the other night. He was raised in Chicago and we visited in the early 90's (gaaaagggg). His observations were that the city was not full of garbage LOL, and there were pretty trees and stuff. He said there had been a couple mayors between the 2 King Daleys, and they messed up. I responded that the Daleys have known all the mobsters and corruption tendrils that keep the city " in synch" LOL.

The other discussions about Chicago have to do with what a racist city is was and probably still is. When he was a kid there was "colored town", and at age 16 he had a car accident when an older black man opened his car door into the road, and my dad couldn't stop in time, so he smashed into the door. He wanted to just exchange insurance info, but the black guy called the cops. An officer came out ( white officer of course) and declared that it was not my dad's fault. Then he said just to my dad " don't worry about them, they are just n*****s".

Overall though, my dad believes the anti gun nonsense is just that- nonsense. If that city wasn't so anti gun, we might have an old semi auto colt .32 pistol from 1917 or something, with orginal box. I am assuming such a gun would have some collectable value today. But my grandad got brainswashed by King Daley I to turn it in " to make the city safer".

suntzu

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-chicago-gun-ban-options-20100616,0,2451358.story

[Excerpt]Daley said he likes all aspects of the D.C. law and that Chicago could look there for ways to strengthen its licensing procedures. After its gun ban was overturned, the district adopted stringent requirements for prospective gun owners, including a four-hour class on firearm safety, at least an hour of firing training and passing an exam. The newly purchased gun also must undergo ballistics identification firing by police.

Next year, the district will require semi-automatic pistols to be micro-stamped, a controversial technique in which serial numbers are marked on cartridge cases that can be traced back to registered gun owners. California also has adopted a requirement for micro-stamping, a technology that was recently developed and is not yet in use. New York's legislature is considering a micro-stamping bill.
Yet more reasons to never go anywhere near the Communist state of Illinois.

You could not possibly pay me enough money to live anywhere in the state of Illinois.

Cypher

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:

If it were just the part in red, I'd be fine with it.
with all the dumb stuff I've seen people do & say online & IRL, te red part is common sense to make sure some goofy brainless wonder isn't walking around with a gun.

(Believe me fellas, if you'd seen HALF the stuff I have, you wouldn't go into a large group without being armed to the teeth & wearing armor)