• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coming to Ky to visit

fisheyes

imported post

I am coming down to visit some friends in Providence over the 4th and am wondering I ve have seen some post regarding transport. In Wisconsin the weapon has to be cased period. So when I enter Ky. am I allowed to load up and carry and transport on seat or dash? and what should I look out for as far as open carry, are school zones a issue while open carry and what about driving through the school zone do I have to case it.

Thanks

fisheyes

imported post

Thank you I cant wait, been a long time since I ve seen them, and just to be able to have the means to protect my family with out the government taking that right away with so many silly rules will be refreshing,
Uphere in thesemi freestate of Wi. our politicians should be taking note of Ky. and how they do things, it sure would be nice to rid ourselves of some of the crazy laws we have up here

Thank you again,

sqrlh8r

imported post

gutshot wrote:
fisheyes wrote:
I am coming down to visit some friends in Providence over the 4th and am wondering I ve have seen some post regarding transport. In Wisconsin the weapon has to be cased period. So when I enter Ky. am I allowed to load up and carry and transport on seat or dash? and what should I look out for as far as open carry, are school zones a issue while open carry and what about driving through the school zone do I have to case it.

Thanks
no carry in places that serve alcohol
That is not totally correct. Read KRS 244.125, subsections (numbers) 1 & 3. Now, I must admit you will have to do some research beforehand, but it appears you can be legal. If you never enter the bar room, and that room is separate from the dining room(s), you would not appear to be in violation.

JMJOHN0055

imported post

fisheyes wrote:

Thanks
One thing I would add is that while you are here, you are free to OPENLY carry your handgun. Of course, it must be plainly visible, and I would steer away from going to any government buildings armed, but in Louisville, I open carry all the time and have actually come to enjoy some of the weird looks I get. As gutshot said, "Welcome to FREE America".